• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSUserConfig.txt trick no longer works !

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Since the last update of photoshop (V.21.2.2), the PSUserConfig.txt trick for pressure problem no longer work for me. To correct this I need to use the Windows Ink, but now I have the popups problem (ctrl, alt, shift, under the cursor).

I have W10 Home and the "turn off pen feedback" don't work for me.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem, please ?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

For clarity, the latest version is designed to use Windows Ink. If you have previously used Wintab by adding PSUserConfig.txt then delete it and enable Windows Ink in tablet properties.

If you have further issues to feed to developers then you can raise bug reports/feature requests at the link below , where they will be seen by Adobe staff.
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem: have to roll back to the older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. But we pay a subscription to get the latest versions of a software, not to work on old versions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have experienced the same lousy issue and i am really angry about it.

Adobe <- FAIL!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! It's really annoying and totally unbelievable, this bug has been existing for years and it's still not fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am olso experiencing the same problem on windows 10. Today i also updated ps on my last gen imac and it has the same issue, no pen pressure. In the release notes, it said that it fixed various tablet bugs but seems that it broke it completly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For clarity, the latest version is designed to use Windows Ink. If you have previously used Wintab by adding PSUserConfig.txt then delete it and enable Windows Ink in tablet properties.

If you have further issues to feed to developers then you can raise bug reports/feature requests at the link below , where they will be seen by Adobe staff.
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave, I'm gonna try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would, if I was able to sign in there. There's a bug in the sign in script that prevents me from doing so. It says that I'm successfully logged in, while I never am.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why on God's Green Earth must any Creative Professional have to resort to constantly checking a Community Support Page.....JUST to suddenly find out that the "OLD HACK" needed to fix "Professional Software"....is outdated and we can all "happily" use "Windows Ink" now?🤔

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, using windows ink means we get the shift/ctrl/alt popup bubbles which get in the way.  Would love the option to do without windows ink (or an option to remove those bubbles).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the pop up menus still occur with windows ink, it wont be advisable to update photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not only the popup issue that causes problems. When using Windows ink in 21.2.2, the interaction with extension panels (Coolorus, Brusherator ...) causes the pen to lose the pressure sensitivity again. So even if the pressure works initially, I can't use my extensions, which of course I need. For now, go back to 21.2.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed. I went and dove down this huge rabit hole on chat with both adobe and Wacom. Neither could fix it and it absolutely involves the latest update of PS. I even downgraded my wacom drivers two versions to verify. Once I downgraded to the previous update to PS it worked no probelm with the PSUserConfig fix. I sincerely believe this is on Adobe's end

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can Adobe come up with a solution for the issues with Windows Ink? We have had to hack the software for years now to get around it. If the hack has been made impossible then PC users can no longer upgrade the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they seem intent on just ignoring their user base. I love photoshop of everything I've tried, and need it for work, but I don't blame high schoolers/beginners using *any* competitor as most don't have these issues or a support team that might as well just say "so sad too bad" while cryptically smiling and pushing you away

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wacom Intuos BT S (driver: 6.3.30-6) + PS 23.2.2 on Windows 10 x64 works fine. I've made a backup of this driver and settings, because I've had problems with newer drivers. You can search for this specific driver on google, because it's 57MB and I can't upload it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines