• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Purple background layer making edges of layer above turning pink/magenta.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When putting a cut-out portrait on top of  a filled layer with the purple colour #6F03FF  
the portrait edges get pink/magenta color. I never experienced this with other colours. Normally they blend in nicely with a lighter or darker grade of the same  colour- But  with #6F03FF the result is really totally different,  making pink/magenta edges when mixed with the purple colour. 
If anybody has experienced the same problem I would be happy to hear about a possible solution. When masking an object, with a soft brush or masking hair, this is really distubing when the edges gets a really different colour when mixed with the purple background colour. 
See attached examples.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try tightening up the contrast on the mask. ie not have such a gradual transition between black and white.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thank you for your reply!  That helps a lot in some situations when a hard edge is ok. But when it comes to hair and some clothes/fabric it dosent look realistic with a to hard edge. And the crazy thing here is: if i use a grey, green og maybe blue background color I do not face this problem with the backround totally changing into another color when blending into the soft edge of the layer above the background. I have done this with composites for many years without this strange colour shift happening. This is the first time I experienced this issue, because the client want a purple background. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While it doesn't happen regularly, I have seen this issue over the years where certain combinations appear to blow out specific colours and/or the saturation.

You could try adding a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer and clipping it (Layer > Create Clipping Mask) to the portrait layer below it. Reduce the saturation within the Hue/Saturation layer and use the mask to paint away the saturation in the problem areas. A very manual method but it should do what you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good idea! Desaturate and even use the hue slider to match colour of hair/fabric maybe.. Thank you for a good tip! I will give it a try. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good call on also using it to tweak the Hue. Best of luck and let us know how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines