• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Put images naturally in clothes picture

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want the embroidery design to fit naturally in the clothes picture as shown in the sample picture, what should I do to look as similar as possible?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the example below, I carried out the following steps.

1. Saved a duplicate of the clothing image as an 8 bit PSD which I called Displacement.PSD

2. Opened the clothing image

3. Used File > Place Embedded to place the embroidery image and adjusted its position.

4. Added a filter to the embroidery layer using Filter > Distort>Displace and used the file created in step 1 as the displacement map. This distorted the embroidery to match the folds in the clothing.

5. Duplicated the clothing layer and dragged it to the top of the layer stack and clipped it to the embroidery layer (Right click in layers panel and choose create clipping mask)

6. Changed the blending mode of that clipped layer to pin light and reduced the opacity. This adjusted the lighting on the embroidery

2023-04-07_20-45-57.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines