• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question about brush location PC, Windows 10, PS 2021

Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i have a PC using Windows 10 & PS 2021. I keep occuring an issue that after i insall my numerous it seams like brushes at some point i go to get a brush and to my horror yet again there all gone with the excetion of the basics. My question and ive split my head trying to find this on google is like Presets luts and mogarts is there a folder and i can simply place y brushes so that i never have to g to get a brush and see there all gone yet again. Thnak you.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about the typos i lost my glasses this morning. On thing i did try that i was sure would work that flopd on me was going to  c:\users\username\app data \roaming\adobe\adobe photoshop 2021\presets\Brushes and placing my brush folder however after closing and reopening PS when i went to brushes the folder i placed was not available on the list of factory bruhes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"placing my brush folder"

Did you placed folder with .abr files inside Presets folder? That is the problem, copy all .abr files and paste not folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So are you here to help people or are you just a nickel comedian working the chitlin circuit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to mention the fact his didnt work. When i restarted PS the Abr wasnt available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at screenshot below and please be polite. I am here 7 years helping people to use Photoshop and its features. 

abr file in brushes folder.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I dont know if its just a language barrier but typically you dont mock someone for a typo

"placing my brush folder"

Did you placed folder

Then tell them to be plite when they ask if your a comedian.

However im looking to just move past it. I placed the brushes in said folder and heres the list of avaialable brushes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Charlie5CCF 

Hi. I have loads of Photoshop brushes and I have exported all my brushes to a separate folder on my drive, other than the location in c:\users\username\app data \roaming\adobe\adobe photoshop 2021\presets\Brushes. I have also saved my brushes to my Creative Cloud Library which gives me great access to all my brushes.

Just create a new Photoshop Brushes folder wherever you save stuff on whatever drive, and export your brushes to this folder. Then when you open Photoshop again, just import those brushes you've saved to that external folder and you'll find that this will fix your problem with your brushes.

Hope this helps.

Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked into trying that however the problem ran into is that when you go to import brushes if you click on a floder it just opens the older. Also PS will seamingly only allow you to import one ABR at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines