• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question about image size

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am pretty much self-taught, using Photoshop tutorials. I have a question regarding iamge size for the web. 
A supplier wants to advertise my product on their website and gives me dimensions of 238 x 225 pixels. I create the image with the settings at 238 x 225 @ 72dpi and export to maximum JPG quality. The supplier tells me the images are too low resolution. Even if I use the export @ 3x function, the problem remains. 
What is the fix to this? Do I create the image at a higher dimension rate of 714 x 675, and let their CMS automatically resize, or what? 
Any advice would be so appeciated! 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go back to your supplier and ask what size they really want.

PPI is irrelevant as that is only used when printing i.e. calculating a physical size from those pixels. For the web, only pixel dimensions matter and 238 x 225 pixels is tiny and cannot hold much picture information. It would appear that they want an image with many pixels but are asking for an image with very few.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that, Dave - I've replied to them to say that it sounds like they're asking for thumbnails, and to please clarify a size. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One tip: sometimes it helps to ask for some existing examples that meet their requirements. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great advice - thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that only your supplier can answer this question, as davescm wrote that specified size is TINY.

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer:: co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Neil - yes, I've gone back to them with Dave's feedback and provided larger file sizes. Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines