• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question about Maximizing Compatibility option. Trying to import PSDs into Lightroom.

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I am trying to import PSDs from Photoshop into Lightroom without losing quality. I just found out about the Maximizing Compatilibity option and now I have my Photoshop preferences saved so that any new PSDs will be saved at Maximum Compatibility. However, I am unsure whether or not all of my old PSDs were saved at Maximum Compatibility or not. My question is: Is there a way to figure out if an existing PSD was saved at Maximum Compatibility? 

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can't import it into the Lightroom catalog, max compatibility was not on.

Maximum compatibility inserts a flattened composite layer into the file. This flattened composite is what Lightroom works with. It has no layer support whatsoever and can't read PSD layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thank you! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're technically inclined you can use exiftool:

exiftool <file> | grep "Merged Data" 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines