• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question about PS and graphics cards

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In recent weeks, I have made a number of calls to Adobe tech support to address a variety of issues that I thought were unrelated. Now, I am not so sure.

The Adobe fellow I spoke to this morning says my problem is caused by an outdated graphics card that can not handle the most recent version of PS. I have a Mac mini that is two years old although it is a 2018 model. Except for Adobe products, my machine works perfectly.

Lately, however, when I move an image from LRC to PS parts of the image are obscured or missing entirely. That is main problem, although I have experienced other issues in PS and LRC.

I run the most recent version of the Apple OS (12.5.1). The machine has 32 GB. The Intel  graphics card is UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB. The processor

is 3.2 GHz 6-core Intel core i7.

I have attatched an image that illustrates some of the problem. Other days, the top of the image is covered up by the checkboard pattern that signals a transparent layer.  These problems happen as soon as the image renders in PS, before I have attemped any adjustments.

Any ideas/suggestions on whether my graphics card is adequate would be appreciated. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your hraphic card have minimum of 1500MB of VRAM but it is weak in my opinion (I am not expert). Adobe recommends GPU with compute score 2000 or more while your GPU shows only 552 what may not be enough for most recent versions of Ps https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/directCompute.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @halk1021 for the post.

Curious if you have tried this:

Go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and check "Disable Native Canvas" - then restart Photoshop. Does the problem still occur? 

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Cory. I have had that box checked. Someone suggested that perhaps there was a corrupted file on a memory card. I am looking into alternatives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That integrated video is right on the edge, I had a 2015 iMac with the Iris Pro 1.5GB graphics and it was supported but kind of a dog. FWIW, $750 on a refurb M1 mini and I saw a HUGE speed improvement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines