Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question on how to batch conversion with neural filter colorize

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I hope someone can give me some suggestions.  I have a folder of 100+ B&W photos. 

I want to use Filter> Neural Filters > Colorize for each of the photo in the folder.

Rather than doing that one by one manually, i try to use File > Script > Image Processor.

However it does not have colorize this option at 4 Preference. 

May someone gives me suggestion how to batch convert all these photo into colorize?  I searched online for awhile but no luck.  Thak you! 

Buddhism25679444czfl_0-1669860268193.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Step 4 is for Action Sets/Actions that you have created or Action Set .atn files which you downloaded and installed.

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/photoshop/using/creating-actions.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/processing-batch-files.html#convert_files_with_the_image_pro...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Stephen!  The link helps me so much.  I did not know you can record a procedure!  This is a time saver for sure!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"However it does not have colorize this option at 4 Preference."

On the left side under Preferences you have checked Run Action, thats why drop down lists are available to you. Drop down lists allows you to choose action set and action to run while batch processing. First drop down list is for action set, second for action. On my screenshot Set 1 is action set, Colorize BW is my naming convention for action and Neural Filters is action step that must be manually recorded.

In short, you must record action step Neural Filters and use it while processing photos.

batch colorize.png

By the way, do you follow some instructions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Bojan!  This is very helpful and I have successfully to create a folder of colorized photo quickly.  So thank you for the quick reply!  it helps me tremendously!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Boris, this works great for colorize. But I can't get the same model to work for the Neural Photo Restoration plugin? Have you tried that? It just doesn't do any of the changes...

RichardandMax_0-1671646013462.png

I have been trying with Image Processor and Batch Mode. Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, it is for Bojan, not Boris. My apologies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Richard and Max 

I haven't had time to test the following script, it is a quick re-working of another script.

It will batch a folder of files to layered PSD, running a specified action.

All you need to do is change the name of the ACTION and ACTION SET (lines 9 & 10), the spelling has to be exact and is Case Sensitive.

/*
Batch Action Folder to PSD.jsx
v1.0, 22nd December 2022, Stephen Marsh
https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/question-on-how-to-batch-conversion-with-neural-filter-colorize/m-p/13437356
*/

#target photoshop

var actionName = "Molten Lead"; // Action to run, change as needed
var actionSet = "Default Actions"; // Action set to run, change as needed

var inputFolder = Folder.selectDialog("Please select folder to batch the action to...");
var outputFolder = Folder.selectDialog("Please select the folder to save the PSD files to...");
var searchMask = '*.???';
var fileList = inputFolder.getFiles(searchMask);
fileList.sort();

var savedDisplayDialogs = app.displayDialogs;
app.displayDialogs = DialogModes.NO;

var psdOptions = new PhotoshopSaveOptions();
psdOptions.embedColorProfile = true;
psdOptions.alphaChannels = true;
psdOptions.layers = true;
psdOptions.spotColors = true;

for (var i = 0; i < fileList.length; i++) {
    var doc = open(fileList[i]);
    app.doAction(actionName, actionSet);
    var docName = doc.name;
    doc.saveAs(new File(outputFolder + '/' + docName.split('.')[0] + '.psd'), psdOptions);
    doc.close(SaveOptions.DONOTSAVECHANGES);
};

app.displayDialogs = savedDisplayDialogs;

alert('Script completed!' + '\n' + 'Files saved to:' + '\r' + outputFolder.fsName);

1. Copy the code text to the clipboard
  2. Open a new blank file in a plain-text editor (not in a word processor)
  3. Paste the code in
  4. Save the text file as .txt
  5. Rename the file extension from .txt to .jsx
  6. Install or browse to the .jsx file to run (see below)

If these simple instructions are too abbreviated, you may need to read on...

https://prepression.blogspot.com/2017/11/downloading-and-installing-adobe-scripts.html#Photoshop

EDIT – A related topic here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/neural-filters-as-part-of-image-proce...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting, but I didn't get anywhere with the script. It runs (I even created a trivial set brightness to 70), but it didn't actually open, process and save the files. But I still think it is the specific Neural Filter Photo Beta. If someone can just apply some basic Photo Restoration settings and save in an ACTION, and then get it to work in either Image Processing or Batch. Since Colorize CAN do this, my assumption would be so could Photo...

But I now see how scripting works, which is so cool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh And I even tried Molten Lead which is a default action. And the script runs fin from the actions window, but nothing happens when run from the File > Scripts > Molten Lead (when added correctly to the scripts folder so it will appear)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested the script and it works correctly. It was only offered as a quick suggestion to see if an alternative batch approach to running an action would work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what i did above. I ran the Molten Lead as a test. The script runs, asks for the source and output file and then doesn't do anything else. I will play around some more with a simplier script (I thought I did that as well with just a contrast adjustment and didn't get anywhere). Is there a debug mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why it didn't work for you... I tested with a folder containing 3 PSD files with a white canvas. The result was 3 PSD files with the Molten Lead action applied to them:

result.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Simple Action script running this simple action works. So i know the basic script does work, it just doesn't work for the Photo Restoration....

RichardandMax_0-1672185787945.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines