• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quick Select Tool suddenly stopped working. Updating did not help

Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been editing a lot of photos recently.  All of a sudden, the Quick Selection Tool stopped working,  the object selection tool as well.  When I opened the Creative Cloud Deskop, I noticed there's an update, which I did.

The object selection tool seems to be working, but not the Quick Selection Tool.  At first, when I selected it, the entire photo got selected (like Select All), and a tiny + appears.  After a few tries, Select All didn't happen, but I continue to get the little +.   And nothing gets selected.

Of course, I hit Caplock, which didn't help.  Tried hitting Ctrl, Shift, Tab and Alt as well.   No difference. 

Would appreciate feedback.

Kami

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replying to my own post.  I looked further on this page, and found an animated visual showing how to RESET a tool.  It took a few tries, but it seems to work for now.  If I hit Cap Lock, I still get the little +, which I never saw before with any tool, but at least it does the selections.

I'd sure like to know how any tool can get "UNset."  I've been using Photoshop for decades, and never saw this happen before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Birdwoman 

Caps Lock gives you a "precision cursor" which can be helpful with some of the brush tools.

Most tools have options that can be set using the options bar, such as the size, blending mode, and opacity of a brush or the typeface, type style, and type size of text. The settings are sticky across documents until you change them or reset them. When you Reset the tool, it goes back to the defaults for that tool.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.  Except for cursor sizes, I haven't figured out where tool options are.  I'd really like to know how, if it's possible, to change the amount of the zoom when I hit Ctrl +.  (I looked through Preferences.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines