• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quick Selection and Text

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! Just hoping for a little bit of help with a project I am working on in Photoshop!

I have an image of a couple that I am hoping to silhouette (individually) and then fill their silhouettes with text. Currently I have used the quick selection tool to select each person and have copied that over to its own layer. I have painted in the selection to create a flat colour for the text to overlay but am stumped as to how to actually place text into the person's shape. Anyone know how to do this?

Thank you in advance!

From a Photoshop beginner!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure which effect you are looking for. One option is to create new Type layer, fill it with text then to clip it to layer with silhouete or to create layer mask using silhouete as source for selection. It will be iseful to post example of effect you are looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your reply! I have attatched an image (just from a quick Google Search) of what I am trying to acheive 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My explanation is suitable for that effect. Create new Type layer above silhouete then clicp it to layer with silhouete. You can control shape and type color independently on their own layers. To clicp layer to layer below see this tutorial https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/using/clipping-masks.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is wonderful! Thank you so much for your time and help ☺☺

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines