Exit

How to use Content Credentials (Beta) in Photoshop for NFTs: 🔎 Quick Tips

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2QUICK TIPS format header.jpg

Learn about Content Credentials (Beta) in Photoshop

Did you know you can enable a Beta feature in Photoshop to attach Content Credentials metadata to an image?  By doing this, you attach attribution data to your images while creating your artwork so that you can prove it is authentic when you share it online. File provenance can be displayed on Adobe Stock and Behance as well as NFT marketplaces. Buyers and sellers of non-fungible token (NFT) artwork can use Content Credentials (Beta) to see the history and attribution of a piece of artwork before it enters the blockchain.

Content Credentials (Beta) is part of a growing ecosystem of technologies being made available through the Content Authenticity Initiative (CAI). Adobe and our 700+ CAI members are dedicated to restoring trust online by creating a standard way to share visual content without losing key contextual details such as who made it, when, and how. Alongside the CAI, Adobe also co-founded a standards development organization, the Coalition for Content Provenance and Authenticity (C2PA) to develop an open, global standard for sharing this information across platforms and sites.

The April update of Photoshop will be the first major implementation of the newly released 1.0 specification of the C2PA standard. Content Credentials (Beta) will interoperate with other adopters’ products, including software, hardware devices, publishing systems, and media platforms.

NOTE: This update will impact existing images using Content Credentials (Beta) in Photoshop

• Content Credentials (Beta) made before the update will not be fully C2PA 1.0 compliant.
  • If the image has already been exported and attached to an image, we will support a legacy Verify site to inspect and compare images as normal.
  • If the image hasn’t been exported and signed yet, any in-process Content Credentials (Beta) information will be lost in the update. Users who continue with these documents after the update and attach a Content Credential will see a disclaimer in their exported images.
  • Content Credentials (Beta) made after the update will be C2PA 1.0 compliant and can be used as normal.

We’re excited to continue building a future of verifiable provenance and attribution with you through CAI and Content Credentials. Sign up for our newsletter for the latest updates.

Learn more...

Check out these articles for more details:

Learn about Content Credentials.

Use Content Credentials (Beta) in Ps for NFTs

Connect accounts for creative attribution.

Watch these articles for more information about Content Authenticity in Photoshop and to learn how to create an NFT:

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link info, it has been updated.

Regarding Content Credentials, we wanted all Photoshop customers to be aware of this feature in the current release. You can enable the feature by going to Preferences > Technology Previews and select Content Credentials (Beta)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are the content credentials data saved against an image only if it is exported or also when it is saved? I have only seen reference to "export" not "save" or "save as". Can you please confirm? 

Also, can you please confirm where I can check whether the data has been saved against my image? I found that I was opted into the Content Credentials automatically (I did not opt in) and need to check whether this Content Credentials information is saved againt images that I have processed during that time.  Some of them have been entered into competitions and I should have not had my name in the data against the image.  I have checked metadata for the images and cannot see my name there so I am assuming that it is fine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines