• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quickly Saving/Closing bulk Tabbed Windows in PS.

New Here ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 300+ dance photos I need to crop and close quickly.  I used to be able to click the X in the tabbed window and it would ask me if I wanted to save changes, I would click yes and it would save and allow me to go right to the next tab.  Now when I do that a window pops up, it wants me to save a copy which I do not want to do but that's the only option.  Is there any way to get it back to what it used to do?  I'm currently using Version 24.4.1 for Windows.  

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing that the originals are flattened images, such as JPEGs.

Then when you crop, you are creating a layer and the file is no longer flattened, screenshot of crop tool options:

crop tool options.png

You need to check/tick the "Delete Cropped Pixels" checkbox to retain the Background image and not create a floating layer (creating a layer allows you to recover the cropped pixels).

You may also wish to double check that your Preferences > File Handling has "Enable Legacy Save As" enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In addition to what @Stephen_A_Marsh recommends, you may be able to batch process images using simple action to save some time if you are working with large number of images. Record Crop step and turn modal for Crop step on as shown by pointing arrow, click on that square to appear icon. The rest is on you, record Save step or use batch processing script like Image Processor Pro (or any other of your choice like Image Processor) to save cropped files in separate folder.

automate batch crop.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines