• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Quickly switch from one file already open to another

Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,
unfortunately I shot some images with the camera sensor dirty, so I need to correct at least a thousand frames.

The "Spot Healing Brush tool" (in italian: "strumento pennello correttivo al volo") is perfect for fixing this type of spots that always insist on the same pixels in the image, the problem is that - having opened at least a hundred files at a time - I can't find a keyboard shortcut for quickly switch from one file to another (already open) while with the mouse always pointed on the same point I correct the stain.

In the next version it might be useful to implement this function. And if it already exists, I ask you to indicate it to me. I turned to numerous photoshop graphic friends but couldn't find any solution.

Thank you all

TOPICS
Cross-app workflows , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A better way is to use Adobe Bridge and Adobe Camera Raw and sync the healing tool from one raw file to all other raw files.

Alternatively, for rendered files such as JPEG, record an Action using the Camera Raw Filter (different, but similar to the first suggestion) and then use the Automate Batch command to run the Action of a folder of files.

Another option is to record an Action for filling selections with content-aware fill, then run them via Batch.

To answer your original question, although the previous three methods much better... The following JavaScript will cycle forwards through open doc windows, the script can be assigned a custom keyboard shortcut:

// Cycle forwards through open doc windows
var idselect = stringIDToTypeID("select");
    var desc410 = new ActionDescriptor();
    var idnull = stringIDToTypeID( "null" );
        var ref119 = new ActionReference();
        var iddocument = stringIDToTypeID( "document" );
        ref119.putOffset( iddocument, 1 ); // -1 to cycle backwards through open doc windows
    desc410.putReference( idnull, ref119 );
    var iddocumentID = stringIDToTypeID( "documentID" );
executeAction( idselect, desc410, DialogModes.NO );

https://prepression.blogspot.com/2017/11/downloading-and-installing-adobe-scripts.html

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Stephen mentioned, I used to the spot healing brush tool, by creating an action to hit all the spots. I preferred this over doing it in Camera Raw, as it just seemed to blend better, when changing images. I had a job where I shot thousands of images for stacking, and this worked well. If course, you really need to check each image to make sure the correction didn't mess up some detail, like a facial feature.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried using the Mac shortcut Cmd+~ (tilda key- left of number 1)?

That swaps your open tabs, leaving your mouse in the same position.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines