• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Can't write new document presets file" message at closing

Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this message when closing Photoshop "Can't write new document presets file"  No luck in finding a solution . CC2022 version 23.1

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually ended up doing a rollback to about three versions back.  After the issues already noted the next two updates broke the custom panels I was using and conflicted with the GPU card in my laptop causing all sorts of video issues. 

Further details:  I use custom panels for most of the editing I do because I shoot and edit over 1,000 sports pictures a month.  The latest update would not load the panels for any images sent from Lightroom to PS.  I would have to shut down and restart PS several times until the panels finally loaded. 

Video:  I have an ASUS G750 laptop with an nVidia 870M graphics card.  The newest version of PS caused random problems with the GPU.  The advice I found was "upgrade your video card" which is not possible with this laptop unless I want to buy a new laptop.  I have 32g of memory and two SSD drives in this one, its plenty fast so I'm not in the mood to spend $2000+ in order to use PS's latest bug ridden update.

I'm having all sorts of problems now with random "can't write" messages.  I went back several versions of PS and that solved all the problems so its definitely update issues and not hardware based.

The last 3-5 updates from Adobe have been awful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same problem for a while also.  I didn't delete the settings file, just the Library files.  That seems to have done the trick.  At least for the time being.  Glad I found this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2023 Oct 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to the folder and deleted versions 21, 22, 23 and 24. I'm running version 25 as Administrator. I still get the same preset error message problem as everyone else and when I open Photoshop, I'm now asked if I will let changes be made. Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have the problem 2022. Nothing I do solves this problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the problem is back, nothing above seems to fix it.  My solution now is to open the image from lightroom as a smart object.  That seems to work fine.  Then I flatten the file.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have add the sme problem for months now with PS  2023, 2022 and 2021 versions. I can make it happen when I select a few images in Bridge the Select Tools/Photoshop/Image Processor.  Hoping Adobe will figure it out and get it fixed someday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2023 Oct 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add version 25 as well. I don't recall getting the error message in v. 24. But I get it now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here's how i fixed mine,
if you're using a mx master and intalled a logi options+ sortware you probably created custom keys for it that might me creating the problem.
go to logi options software and delete the photoshop profiles you created and make a new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 se bloquea por crear temasphotoshop cc 2018.png

se traba hubo problemas de generador

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines