• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Could Not Complete Your Request Because It Is Not The Right Kind Of Document"

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just spent a few hours working on a PSD document. I saved and closed it, worked on some other stuff, and then needed to make some changes to the PSD a few minutes later, but now I get the message saying that it's not the right kind of document.

I've never seen this issue before, and I never changed the file type. I can see the preview of the PSD in "Recent" on Photoshop, but it doesn't open.

I made a copy of it, changed the file to a PSB, JPEG, etc. but it's always the same error.

Did the file just suddenly become corrupt? How could that have happened?

- Windows 11

- Photoshop CC 2023 V. 24.0.1

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. 

Would you mind updating Photoshop to the latest version? Where were the files located? 

Could you please try creating a new user account with admin rights, saving a few files, and then opening them to see if it works?

Steps to create a new user account: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/13951/windows-create-user-account

Regards,
Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines