• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Could not open "IMG 4289" because of problem parsing the TIFF file

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an iMac using OSMojave 10.14.6. Until I updated the program, I could right click on an image in the Photos library and send to Photoshop to edit. Now I get the above message. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the Photoshop forum for you, which is the appropriate forum for your question.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Please provide the following information:

Photoshop version number

CPU/RAM/Graphics capability

This will assist others in helping you trouble shoot your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Where is this forum located as I need help in solving this issue as well.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you export an image from Photoshop first, does it work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm uncertain what you're asking. I cannot export as a TIFF, if that is your question, since that is not a choice on the export screen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Autocorrect. Export an image from photos first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it works if I first drag it from Photos onto the desktop.That's another workstep that I had gotten used to not needing, and I was disappointed with the change in Photoshop. I hoped it was in error, but I suspect it was a deliberate change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same message when I try to move it move lightroom to photoshop. Clearly it's a bug because the day before it wasn't an issue. So frustrated!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, the Photoshop team has just released version 23.0.1, one of the fixes adresses TIFF files opening, see: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

In your CC application, go to Help>Search for updates if you do not see it yet.

Please report if it fixes your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines