"F" keyboard shortcut issue

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue. It's not a big issue but it affects my workflow (very minor, though).

If you drag a file (I’m dragging a JPEG file) onto the Photoshop application icon, after “first opening Photoshop” (As in: You have quit out of Photoshop and just opened it back up, and then have dragged a file onto the Photoshop application icon in your dock)), if you use the “F” keyboard shortcut to “Toggle (forward) between Standard screen mode, Full screen mode with menu bar, and Full screen mode” it does not work. If you close out of the photo and open it back up, it works fine (until you quit out of Photoshop, again).

I’m using a MacBook Pro (14-inch, 2021) with an M1 Pro chip and 16 GB of memory.  This is the Universal version of Photoshop CC (23.3.0 release)

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just tried with today's update of PS, Mac OS (12.3.1), launch Photoshop, drag and drop JPEG (it opens), type F key: Works as it should. You might check if you have the latest version. You might need to reset your preferences or check you don't have the F keyboard assigned to something else. But it's working as it should here.

To reset preferences, Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines