• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Face Expression File is Bad or Corrupted" - Regular fix not working

New Here ,
May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 25.7, Adobe Photoshop 2024, Windows 10 Pro version 22H2, Desktop PC 64-bit OS build 19045.4291

When I open photoshop I see the "Face Expression File is Bad or Corrupted" prompt. My recent files do not appear and my workspace is changed. 

I have an issue trying to get the troubleshooting fix I have found to work. I'm using photoshop on a work computer, and I do not have an "AppData" folder in my C:\Users\[username] folder. That folder has the following files: 3D Objects, Contacts, Creative Cloud Files, Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Favorites, Links, Music, OneDrive, Pictures, Saved Games, Searches, and Videos.

When I noticed my folders are not matching up to all of the online troubleshooters, I decdied to manually search for the "FaceExpressionPresets.psp" file. I do not have a file that has this exact name, which confuses me. I have a similar one that is titled "Default Face Expression Presets.p3f", but whenever I added ".old" at the end and tried opening Photoshop again I still get the "This Face Expression file is bad or corrupted." and THEN I get another one that says "Could not load default Face Expression presets because the file name was not valid." This is confusing, because it seems like the file I renamed should be correct because it literally says it IS the Face Expression file, but doing the rename fix doesn't work.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled as well as tried different versions on creative cloud (current version is 25.7 and I have tried 25.6, 25.5.1, and 25.5) but nothing has worked.

Anyone have any ideas?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh wow, I guess it was just hidden from me for some reason? How strange! Managed to fix it. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can always enable hidden items from here, the %appdata% is just a quicker way to get there without enabling hidden items

2024-05-14 15_26_57-Roaming.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines