"Play" button disabled in timeline

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened up an animation file from 2020 in the newest version of photoshop. I can see the different keyframes when I move the playhead, but the play button is disabled. Does anyone know why this might be?

Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 2.19.23 PM.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you create a new animation in a new document in your latest version of Photoshop, can you play it?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is an answer to a question which was not asked.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Inexplicably, the Apple silicon / M1 version of Photoshop does not support animation. To get around this, you should install a legacy / intel version of photoshop. The animation palette will now be functional and you can complete your project in that version.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines