"Scratchdisk are full" error gets Photoshop stuck

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a very annoying situation with the latest version of Photoshop.

When I'm editing an image (which has a lot of deeply nested smart objects), I often get the error message that a certain tool couldn't be used or the document couldn't be saved due to full scratch disks.

The problem is, when I click on the "OK" button in this error message, Photoshop becomes stuck. The error dialog box does not disappear and the Mac OS X loading cursor appears. Even if I wait a very long time (> 2h) the situation still does not resolve. Only way is to Force Quit Photoshop and restart it, thereby loosing all my work.

This happens to me all the time recently, losing me an enormous amount of time as I have to redo a lot of work every time this happens!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines