• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Select subject" does not work properly Mac M1 PRO

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I switched from old Mac Pro to Mac Book with M1 processor and the selection tool neither in PS 2020 nor PS 2022 works correctly. It selects weird fields. It does not work under Rosetta as well. Anyone experiences the same? Is there a solution to this issue? It used to work perfectly well with the old mac. Now it is annoying. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 24, 2021 Dec 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marta,

We're sorry about the trouble with the Select Subject feature in Photoshop. Would you mind telling us the version of Photoshop and the operating system you're on? Since when have you been seeing this issue?

Try resetting the preferences of Photoshop by: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Backup the preferences before resetting by: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#BackupPhotoshoppreferences

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for the tip - unfortunately It does not help. The select subject  tool does not work.

I work with Mac OS Monterey, I just bought a new laptop  - selecting worked perfectly well on the old Mac pro. 

Best, 

Marta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any updates on the topics below?

The Photoshop engineering team is investigating the following compatibility issues while running in Rosetta:

• When exporting using Export As or Generator, you cannot export some formats (SVG, GIF)
  • Differring selection results when using Select Subject
  • You see magenta artifacts when using filters like Flame, Picture Frame or Tree
  • Crash when using Select Subject, Object Selection tool, Remove Background Quick Action, or Magic Wand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tarun, on my new macbook 16" pro I am having the same issue with subject select. What is going on? I have reset things and restarted and made sure that all of my applications and software is up to date. We need help with this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem too!! I upgraded my computer last month and subject select does NOT work at all. The same issue. Adobe has not addressed this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here... The select subject within Camera raw 14.1 does not work properly on my new M1pro running monterey 12.0.1 Using my Older intel Macbook it works perfectly. very frustrating as it is a fantastic feature.

I note that within photoshop itself the select subject function works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW I am using the apple silicon version of photoshop V 23.1.0 release

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I amso am ver frustraited by this.  I just upgraded to a Mac Studio running OS 12.3.1 and Photoshop 23.3 and selections of very clear people in the studio against a grey background are now unusable complete rubbish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found a work around when using Bridge and ACR.  Select an image or images you wish to open in camera raw, press [command] plus [O] (open  the Open command appears opens in the photoshop version of ACR here the select subject function works perfectly on my machine. Using [command] [R] which is the bridge shortcut for open Raw the select subject does not work properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My work always opens in Camera Raw since I only shoot Nikon NEF raw files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new 23.3.1 Photoshop build seems to have fixed the "select subject"
problem but has lost every one of my installed plugins, including the Nik
DXO suite, Portrait Pro and Filter Forge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select Subject produces unusable rubbish since I moved to the new Apple Studio computer, also using Rosetta.
Mac OS12.4 and Photoshop 23.3.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hear your pain. I just purchased a Macbook Pro with M2 chip & when trying Select-> Subject my Photoshop Elements 2022 gives me an error (cannot find a prominent subject). This was not an issue with my old Macbook Pro with the Intel chip. Is there a solution to this frustrating problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@JB Creations this thread is dealing with Photoshop (not elements). Please post your issue in the Photoshop Elements forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines