• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error - Selected font failed during last operation in Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. I keep getting this pop up "Selected font failed during last operation. If problem persists, please disable the font." On all fonts Adobe and personal fonts. Not stock fonts.

Here are some things I have tried. 

• Clearing Photoshop Cache
  • Clearing Photoshop CTFont Cache 
  • Uninstalled and re-install all Adobe apps
  • Added my personal fonts to Adobe cloud
  • Uninstalled and re-install all fonts (Through Adobe and manually)

Only in Photoshop. Illustrator still lets me use all the fonts. InDesign does not load the font either instead I get an "OpenType is not available for this font" with red highlight. Is there any way i can reset all font settings or files on a Mac if that's even a thing? I think I have PS 21.1.1 and I am using Mac. 

Thanks!!!

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

I ended up installing the second to latest update and now it works. I'll just wait for the next update.

Also I noticed that most answers included erasing the CTFont Cache but didnt offer a solution in Mac most recent update. This is how I did it although it did not resolve my issue. 

CT FONT CACHE PS 2020 MAC

Finder > Go tab > +Option > Library (look up "how to open hidden Libary folder" for help in Finder) > Application Suport > Adobe > Adobe Photoshop 2020 > CT Font Cache!!

Hope this helps and

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply disabling & reenabling the "Myriad" font in Adobe Fonts did the trick for me. How bizarre... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! Just disabling it worked for me. I couldn't save or do anything before that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Disabling or Deactivate then Reactivate the FONT in creative cloud works for me!

What a nightmare. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll second this. I disabled Myriad and Photoshop started working. I didn't lose any work. Thank you. It's September 2022 so this is still an ongoing issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That fixed the problem for me too. That was easy, files were closed, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, neither of these options above have worked for me, using the latest PhotoShop version 23.1.0 on Windows 10. I find it extremely frustrating, as this has happened with every one of the last four updates from Adobe, and I have basically lost hours of work trying to resolve the issue, and been unproductive and am losing income as a result. Why I should need to keep backdating my software to resolve a likely simple conflict issue for a software that has become so expensive to subscribe to and work with is beyond me. Very very disappointed with Adobe, which has become the mainstay of my business work product, and for the first time in years, I am searching for new software options because of this specific issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one worked for me. Hopefully, I don't run into this problem again. It's really dumb that anyone has to go through that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Because I was trying to save work that I had done, I couldn't save because of the font error. So I did the steps without closing Photoshop and it worked.

One note: When right-clicking on the Adobe file, you click on Properties, not Preferences. At least in my case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't believe it would work, but deactivating the Myriad Pro font variations I had active in CC did the trick for me, too. I couldn't save my file or anything, so that was a big relief. Hey Adobe- It's 2023 now, how about you fix this issue already! How much time did I waste trying to figure this out?!?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2023 Oct 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seeting thos permissions did not resolve the issue for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is not working for me , i m just having this issue in file not in all files , i dont know whats wrong with that one file others are working fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe - this is ongoing - can you please fix this - I'm paying for stuff that doesn't always work!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this error message and couldn't save. I was unable to salvage my work but I did manage to avoid the message popping up on subsequent saves.

I opened creative cloud updates, selected other versions from the dot menu at the end of the photoshop row and installed Version 20.00 - new updates don't get installed because this error eventually pops up again, so I am currently working with out of date photoshop.

Adobe's help system seems to be based on a dumb virtual assistant or let the customers sort it out for themselves - ADOBE had better sort this one out out for their customers, I don't have time to trawl through the net and try multiple to fix it for them
-- My method of "sort it out for myself" may well become looking for replacement for their product. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be a Adobe's font cache or System font cache issue, following document help to sort out font cache issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-fonts-photoshop.html
Also clearing Photoshop preference clears Adobe's font cache.

-Vinod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vinod, Please note.

Disabling or Deactivate then Reactivate the MYRIAD FONT in creative cloud works for me and many others!

What a nightmare. Please note and fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you soo much Synkister!! That worked! Almost lost a lot of work and your response saved the day! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! Glad it worked for ya! I have tried 100s of methods from everyone with no success.

I did noticed that Font giving me issue and never loading, figure it was the culprit. Sure enough it was! I was about to give up on MANY of my files and recreate ALOT of work. Thank goodness this last stroke of fix did it for me.

For those who need more info: Creative Cloud App > Uninstall Myriad and Pro Font and reinstall in there. Not in the actual photoshop/illustrator app itself but the MAIN Adobe Creative Cloud app > Font .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 years later and still no fix from Adobe. Thanks for nothing Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When this happened to me I could not save the image I had been working on. Clearing the font cache did nothing for me. I eventually had to delete all occurances of each font, attempt to save again, then (if I still couldn't save) undelete the text and do the same for all the occurances of the next font in my image. I had to repeat this process until I was able to save. I undeleted the last font set, grabbed the name (in this case it was Orbitron) and went to the Creative Cloud app's font section and deactivated the font. I went back to my image and was able to save the full thing with the offending text still in place. Then I went back and reactivated the Orbitron font. Now everything seems to be working okay again. (At least for now.... I'm not updated to the absolute latest version yet. I have a very strict rule to never update Photoshop (or any relevant apps, for that matter) when I'm in the middle of any projects.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just chiming in to say that I tried all solutions, and none of them worked except deleting the font cache folder.

I followed the guide here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-fonts-photoshop.html#photoshopfontcache

Before doing that, I did disable/enable all fonts through Creative Cloud, so that may have played a part as well. Side note to Adobe: the day I have to manage my own downloaded fonts with Adobe Cloud, I'm fnally calling it quits with Photoshop for good..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

As for now problem solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a mac.....None of that works. I updated photoshop. didn't work either. Full uninstalled photoshop and re-installed it. then that worked. PS 2022 macos monterey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I was panicking because I was stuck in the issue of not being able to save my project, when every solution here told me to close photoshop and cc etc. I was using 3 fonts in my projects, I simply went into my fonts folder, looked up for the fonts being used in the project, right clicked them and clicked install and overwrite. I was successfuly able to save my project after that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had this problem just show up for the first time. Like others have did, I opened the Creative Cloud app and disabled the font I was using. I then immediately re-enabled it and the problem went away. The best part is that I didn't have to close Photoshop to do this so I didn't lose any work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

உம்மை விட்டா யாரும் இல்லை இயேசையா
உம்மை விட யாரும் இல்லை இயேசையா

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines