• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Share" button covering "accept" button

Participant ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When applying transformations, editing text, and other actions, the "share" button is covering "accept" button (checkmark) to commit the changes. I can still accept changes (most times) by pressing the enter key on the numpad (except on laptop, where this isn't an option). Please don't tell me to reset my preferences, update, or reinstall, I've already tried that!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Fine Art P 

You didn't share a screen shot or give monitor details, so I'm guessing. One recent user post the same issue and it turned out he had a small monitor. If you have a large monitor with PS resized to take up half the screen, it's the same thing. The solution that worked for him was to select to use the Narrow Options Bar in Preferences > Interface (Photoshop menu). You will see icons instead of words, but everything will be there.
https://photoshoptrainingchannel.com/tips/enable-narrow-options-bar-small-display/

Let us know if this works (or not).

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have three monitors, which are HD/4K. My toolbars are arranged on their own screen, floating. The options toolbar takes up about 60% of the horizontal width of the tool screen. Afaik, the options toolbar is not one that can be resized. I still experience this problem. My usual solution is to switch tools when I'm ready to accept transformations, crop, etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On your Mac the return key does the same thing as enter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Fine Art P 

I just tested on both my Windows laptop and Mac laptop, neither of which has an extended keyboard containing the extra "Enter".

Command + Return will accept the text and exit text mode. If Windows users read this later, the shortcut is Control + Enter.

@Jeff Arola wrote:

On your Mac the return key does the same thing as enter.

Not always, Jeff, but sometimes. 🙂

On a Mac, "Return" is a carriage return (as it is called on a typewriter), and will start a new line. "Enter" is on the numeric keypad and has been known as the Action key, sort of an "Okay" button. Return and Enter keys have two different ASCII codes (36 and 76).

Several Adobe apps assign the two keys to different functions on both Mac and Windows. One example is: Return/Alphabetic Enter starts a new paragraph in InDesign while Enter/Numeric Enter is the shortcut for a column break.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines