• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Sorry, we couldn't launch" Photoshop error message on iPad Pro

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop has been working flawlessly on my iPad Pro until today. Even though I have over 75GB of space on my 12.9" iPad Pro, as well as 2Gb of unused cloud storage, PS refuses to open a file and claims that there's not enough disk space available (2GB). I have LOTS of available space. Shutting down and restarting iPad has no effect. Strangley, the small radiating line "progress" circle in teh upper left corner of the screen is rotating endlessly – not sure what process this is referencing, however.

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the error happening with just the single file or with any file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens with any file I try to open on my iPad. However, I can see (and download) my PSD files via Adobe Creative Cloud app on my iMac but the Photoshop interface on my iPad only displays the file names without the usual small square previews. Trying to open any file, whether a more complex, multi-layered illustration or a very simple image results in the app hanging during the "opening" phase in which it stalls at 0%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check the Apple app store for updates? If you don't see any I'd log out of the apps and try logging in fresh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to the Apple App Store and look for a Photoshop update, the store's UX shows an "Open" button, presumably meaning that I have the latest version (3.6.3) because it does not display the usual "Update" option. Pressing "Open" brings be back to the usual hung state. I also logged out of Adobe Creative Cloud and then back in but nothing has changed. I'm tempted to delete an reinstall Photoshop on my iPad but expect that this will erase my local data. Settings/General/iPad Storage shows that I'm running PS 3.6.3 and that I have just over 7GB of local data, so deleting the app seems unwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I finally decided to back up all my illustrations by accessing them using the iMac version of Creative Cloud, then completely deleting the Photoshop app from the iPad (and therefore all locally-stored PSD files on my iPad) and reinstalling the app from the App Store. Everything seems to be working fine (I can open all PSD files, regardless of complexity) but my take-away lesson is to not rely on storing files on the iPad without having a copy elsewhere. This is really unfortunate but, it seems, simply reflects the current state of Photoshop on the iPad. I'm still in awe of the fact that the iPad Pro is such an amazing drawing tool and grateful that Adobe has come this far with porting their software to it. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, I'm using iPadOS 15.6 on a 4-th generation 12.9" iPad Pro, and version 6.5 of Creative Cloud. Trying to access the App Settings in Photoshop on the iPad just makes the app hang so I can't tell which version I'm running. It has to be a very recent version since I've got the updates set to automatic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines