• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"there isn't enough room to display this document"

Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just finished installing the Jan 23 Photoshop CC update, reopened the program, and attempted to open a simple JPG file.  I rec'd the error message:  "There isn't enough room to display this document."   What's that supposed to mean?  Then I tried to create a new document and rec'd this message:  "Could not create a new document.  There isn't enough room to display this document."     My system runs Windows 10, has 64GB of RAM, 2T hard drives with adequate space for scratch disks.  I normally have very few problems with Photoshop -- but this is a new one and is preventing me from getting any work done this afternoon.  Have not yet tried resetting preferences as I am unsure that will solve the problem.  I did restart the computer after discovering the problem but that didn't seem to have an effect. 

Advise is appreciated, especially info on how to rollback to the pre-updated version.  Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Hi All,

This issue should be fixed in the Photoshop CC 2018 (19.1.4) release which is now available. Checkout the list of fixed issues here: Fixed issues in Adobe Photoshop CC

Please update Photoshop CC 2018 via the Creative Cloud desktop app and let us know if you continue to have any trouble.

Update Creative Cloud apps

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only one last note:

Bilder lassen sich nicht öffnen

jürgen85 wrote:

Habe mich durch deine Liste gearbeitet und es hat funktioniert.

Es lag am Arbeitsbereich. Hab ihn mir neu angeordnet und siehe da es funktioniert wieder.

Danke noch mal ganz herzlich

There isn't enough room to display this document error code

grommis wrote:

Many thanks to all!  I'm back to work. …

Could not complete your request.

blackcollar wrote:

Thank you very much for your looking into this.  Indeed, changing the work space to "essentials" has solved the problem …

… Thanks again!

last but not least in this thread also:

forrests90806936 wrote:

… couldn't create a new document or open an existing file. Luckily the solution that worked for me, thanks to pixxxel schubser, was to reset the workspace (Window > Workspace > Essentials). I did restart photoshop before doing that, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference when applying that fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I tried all that and still nothing. Ended up doing a System Restore on the computer back to before the update and all is well but no update. Now not sure I can ever do another update without having the same issue. Be nice if Adobe would figure this out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I just hit this error, on files edited an hour or two earlier -- couldn't create a new document or open an existing file. Luckily the solution that worked for me, thanks to pixxxel schubser, was to reset the workspace (Window > Workspace > Essentials). I did restart photoshop before doing that, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference when applying that fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi forrests90806936​,

You're welcome.

Glad I could help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution worked. I have same problem. lost 5 hours of my time finding the solution. Thanks photoshop working well now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That solution won't work if you want to use other than one of default workspaces. Find more info checking reply No. 27.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That works for me!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Relocate Options Bar so you'll see that doesn't work for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Here it is, 5 years after your comment, and your solution just worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this post. I too, had the same issue when trying to open ANY file after the latest update.

"could not complete your request. there isn't enough room to display this document"

Resetting the generic workspaces worked.  However, my custom saved workspace did not work. Resetting my custom workspace did NOT work either. I had to delete that one and recreate it.... and then obviously it worked too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2018-02-13_13-18-40.png

Everything was going fine - now suddenly this.    I have tried restarting.  I have restarted, tried switching to Essentials, to no avail.

I have work to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried turning off Open documents as tabs, and now I get this message:

tabs.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switching to ;Photography' worked.  Bit tedious tho.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone who wants to get to know why it happens check: There isn't enough room to display this document => bug !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the posts listed here, there seem to be a few work around options though without much consistency.

Unfortunately, none except rolling back to a previous version of Photoshop seems to work. In my case, going from: Adobe Photoshop Version: 19.1.1 20180206.r.254 2018/02/06: 1156206  x64 to 19.1 was enough to work again. 19.1.1. wouldn't open files as small as 125kb with 20Gb free drive space after a restart running only Photoshop.

Hope that's helpful. Meanwhile, waiting for the next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean that in 19.1 version when you undock your Toolbar from left / right Photoshop work area edge (or other panel that is bound to) and then move your Toolbar to center of screen documents while creating/opening doesn't show smaller? And additionally if you move your Toolbar quite much from center to bottom of Photoshop Workspace error doesn't occur?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue of docking was avoided entirely by going back to 19.1. The original error message doesn't occur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you say when you have undocked Toolbar (and moved to center of screen) then problem is gone in 19.1? Well that topic was created before 19.1.1, so this problem existed for people using 19.1. If I'm right 19.1.1 is an February update to January 19.1 where problem arised. I also see in other topic Photoshop: There isn't enough room to display this document | Photoshop Family Customer Community  that someone confirmed it happens for him in 19.1 and 19.1.1. I believe you undocked your Toolbars to move it to center of Window, if so it is only one case I heard it works for someone Anyway they must fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this what you mean:

And pardon the error, it's Adobe Photoshop Version: 19.0 20171103.r.190 2017/11/03: 1143799  x64

Undocked

undocked.jpg

Docked

docked (left).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it's what I mean, and as you found it now I was right, too many users got problem with, that could work for someone. In 19.0.(1) that still worked perfectly. Problem came together with 19.1 and wasn't resolved with 19.1.1. Thank you for checking it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting notices, this morning in fact, that an "update" is available. Anyone taken the bait and installed this update to see if the "not enough room" error is gone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am all day on Photoshop on 2 computers (work and home) and have not have any notifications about upadate. What Ps version you had when that notice showed up, 19.1.1? You can check it in Photoshop in 'Help' / 'About Photoshop CC' menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

19.0, I rolled it back after the last update to avoid the not enough room error. So I'm probably behind, hence the update notice. Sorry, didn't mean to get everyone all excited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm fine with CS6 Extended as alternative, but only (probably soon?) they make update I move to latest Photoshop CC. For now however they got to know about this bug and I believe their engineers do their best to remove it you can join special topic for this problem on Photoshop report forum where their staff more seriously focus on their application abnormality:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/there-isnt-enough-room-to-display-this-docume...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop go to Windows/Workspace/Essentials/   click on Reset Essentials.

That fixed it for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines