• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Update required" when downloading photoshop cc 2018

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a new ssd so I did a blank install of windows. I tried downloading photoshop CC 2018 from a old set up folder which had worked for before but now when I launch the setup I get a "update required" screen when its supposed to be the log in screen. I've downloaded IE 11 and checked for updates on windows but nothing works. I've also tried logging in on creative cloud first and then installing it but that didnt work either. I've run out of fixes to try so any help would be nice! 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

I tried the link you sent before but it didn't work. 

Anyways I got it installed when I disconnected my internet connection and installed it offline.

I originally used 2018 since I had that downloaded on my old drive but I eventually tried with the latest photoshop and got the same results with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Windows version do you utilize?

You could give the following a try:

Also, any specific reason why you're not using the latest Photoshop version instead?

As you may know, Adobe only supports their current apps and the two previous major versions of each:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried the link you sent before but it didn't work. 

Anyways I got it installed when I disconnected my internet connection and installed it offline.

I originally used 2018 since I had that downloaded on my old drive but I eventually tried with the latest photoshop and got the same results with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines