Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

"Video layers are only available in Adobe Photoshop" Red question mark over film icon on video layer

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to import an image sequence into photoshop to do some rotoscoping. When I import the sequence, it automatically created a video group and puts the video as a layer within. However, the video will not play and is showing a red question mark icon ovr top of the film icon in the bottom right corner of the layer preview image. The error message is "Video layers are only available in Adobe Photoshop."

That's quite annoying considering I am using Adobe Photoshop (version 22.3.1) on my mac (2021 MacBook pro 13-inch, version 11.1 Big Sur).  Why is this error ocurring and what can I do to fix it? It is not an issue with the software being unable to locate the file since I directly opened it and have not touched it since.

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem and am desperate for a solution. Everything is up to date and I cannot figure out what the issue is. Any update?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm here again with this info...it hasn't helped me but some have had success with it

Go to the PS app in your Applications folder.

Select the app, and then press Command-I (or right-click/use the File menu and select Get Info.). ...

In the Info window, look for a checkbox labeled, “Open using Rosetta”. ...

Close the Info window.

If you're already running the app, quit and relaunch.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hadn't found a solution myself, I had resigned myself to it just never working lol. But those instructions you sent actually just ended up working for me luckily! Thank you for sharing that info, and I hope you'll get a response from Adobe or be able to find a solution that works for you as well!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to say...your instructions worked to perfection. Thank you! I don't know if I'll get the product I want/need but at least I'm not going crazy anymore wondering WTF is happening here? Come on Adobe...get to work. Had I known Adobe was screwing up so much I woud have placed more effort into redering my project through Final Cut Pro.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this the same as Open in Low Resolution? That is the only option I see and it didnt fix the issue

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got same problem on my M1 Macbook. 

There was a red question mark on the imported images, cannot play and export as streaming file.

The Photoshop 2022 was downloaded just now, not sure it's for M1 optimized or not. 

Adobe Photoshop Version: 23.0.1 20211105.r.68 x64

Operating System: Mac OS 12.0.1

But after trying the workaround you provided, it does work.

Thanks for your post.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There! Thanks so much for your workaround. It still hasn't worked for me...have had this issue on my new Mac since August...sigh. What to do. Though the older versions in another lab seem to be just fine...Hoping for a workaround. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines