• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RAM vs File Size

Participant ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a new Windows computer purchase for PS and LR use. Assuming I have a quite capable processor and video card and m2 SSD primary and scratch discs and that my file sizes are approximately 3-5 GB and I might have 2-3 files open at once, is moving from 64 to 128 RAM going to make an appreciable difference in speed or is that just overkill?  Thanks for any input. 

Howard 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Hi @hpg1 immediately I would go with the RAM. Your GPU is pretty current and clocks in at over 10,000 ops/sec. Unless you plan to do major 3D renders, etc. (which PS can't do anyway) I wouldn't think you'd need the 4070 at 20k. That seems like overkill considering the minimum requirement for PS is 2,000.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @hpg1 more RAM and disc space are always a good idea. It allows for future growth without hitting an impediment due to lack of resources.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Thanks Kevin!  
    I do use Tooaz AI quite a bit, which does utilize the GPU far more than PS. My real question is where I am more likely to see a performance benefit now (and presumably with more AI usage coming in the future), upgrading video card from Nvidea 3060ti to 4070ti or upgrading the RAM from 64 to 128?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @hpg1 immediately I would go with the RAM. Your GPU is pretty current and clocks in at over 10,000 ops/sec. Unless you plan to do major 3D renders, etc. (which PS can't do anyway) I wouldn't think you'd need the 4070 at 20k. That seems like overkill considering the minimum requirement for PS is 2,000.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1690770328451.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines