New Here ,
May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

windows 11

Photoshop CS6

intuos pro tablet and wacom one creative display

opacity set to 100%

using the standard round hard brush i press lightly and get a reduced opacity stroke, however, every now and then the stroke appears with 100% opacity, can anyone help? this issue means i cannot use photoshop, it does nopt do this with any other app.

ive reset photoshop, disabled graphic card, created a userconfig file in adobe settings folder.

very very frustrating

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the Opacity Override enabled in the tool options bar?

opacovr.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jeff thanks for eplying, yes ive had it enabled and disabled, same result, very frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your Wacom Tablet Properties, is there a setting to Use Windows Ink?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/tablet-support-faq-photoshop.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok checked all these settings, my wacom one creative display settings does not have the option for windows ink but my intuos pro does, so i used that to enable windows ink... i checked the brush dynamics had the pressure option checked restarted my pc, none of which made any difference, issue remains, very strange

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you reset the photoshop cs6 preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep reset preferences..... I should also say that if I use a brush that has size varying with pressure, the size maxes out too.... So the opacity and size randomly go to 100% at the same time... Would there be any chance that given CS6 has been superceded that it now isn't able to operate on more modern hardware? I use Windows 11 on a Microsoft surface pro 6, it is 3 years old ... I've never had any related issues with corel painter, or sketchbook 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just FYI, screenshot of what is happening.... You can see it mostly occurs when I do small strokes, linear or circular at any speed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines