• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Random freezes in Photoshop 2022, Window 11

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing random freezes of Photoshop 2022 (version 23.1.1 20220106.r.202 060a6d1 x64) which can only be resolved by closing the program in the Window Task Mananger. I'm using the latest GPU drivers (Radeon RX 580). I Haven't been able to find a trigger for these freezes, sometimes right at hte startup of the program, sometimes after 5-10 minutes, but not linked to a special task or tool.

Has anybody experienced similar problems or has an idea what could be wrong here? It's really quite annoying, I won't continue paying for a piece of software that crashes regularly.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting the Photoshop preferences, which you can do under the General tab in Photoshop preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have, did not change anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this same issue but on a mac, pretty much all the same specs. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  Often this requires a complete reboot of the machine.  It seems to be associated with the GPU because it seems to go offline after each crash.  It seems like there is a memory leak in the GPU code.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Derek, this seems to be a stock answer.  It creates a ton of work for the user and seldom does any good.  I would suggest that the Adobe development team needs to go on a few month effort of stabilizing the product rather than developing new functions.  There just seems to be a problem in the test/release process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines