• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Random missing pixels glitch, white blocks appear and disappear, since last update! HELP!

Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS_white_stripes_01.pngPS_white_stripes.png

Pass: OpenGL available Pass: OpenCL available

Pass: DirectX available

Pass: Direct X feature level 12.1 available, feature level 12.0 required

Pass: Above required VRAM (8081 MB of 1500 MB required) GPU Detected: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (NVIDIA)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2023 Nov 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@magiknizm 

I've moved your question to the Photoshop forum for you.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 
Does turning on »Deactivate Native Canvas« (Photoshop > Preferences > Technology Previews) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried turning off Use GPU in the Performance Preferences, It solved the problems but I won't have the smooth zoom feature and everything is looks less smooth, FYI it never happened for me before until the last update which really annoys me, and the Deactivate Native Canvas is not showing on my PS PS_white_stripes_02.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this the full release or beta version? 

If it is the beta version then check this feature in Preferences and restart Photoshop.

If this is a display glitch then it will very likely fix it.

Deactivate Native Canvas.jpg

The full release version no longer has this option.  I see you are using an Nvidia GPU. If you are using the Game rready driver, change to the Studio driver.  Otherwise, try the beta version

image.png

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2023 Nov 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a full release version, I have not installed any beta apps.

So I tried to revert back to older version and the Deactive Native Canvas option appears.

PS_white_stripes_03.pngThis is my CC apps looks like:PS_white_stripes_04.pngthis is so confusing... It seems the issues never happened in this version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And then I tried the latest version, the issues appears again.. OMG this is frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked whether your GTX1070 is using the Game Ready or Studio driver?  It could be as easy as switching to the Studio driver if not already installed.  

The beta version has regular updates that you _have_ to install or it times out.  It is not quite as stable as the full release, and I find I have to reset Preferences a bit more often, but only every couple of months maybe.  It has Parametric Filters, the option to turn off layer mask badges (that seem to annoy some people) and I am sure other stuff that I can't remember.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I did, still nothing.

PS_white_stripes_05.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I'll be working on PS ver 24.7.2 from now on, and waiting for the bugs to be fixed hopefully

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just spent a few minutes with Google, and it looks like the GTX1070 is not a good fit for the latest Photoshop versions.  My previous system had an RTX2070, intel 3930k, 64Gb RAM, 1200W power supply, but most of the Neural filters caused it to crash at exactly the same point every time I tried to use them, and photoshop was generally becoming a pain to use.  I replaced that system in April this year, and everything works perfectly now. 

A while after Bill Gates created his 11 Rules of Life, he realised that he had another big toe and was able to add a 12th Rule.   Bill was known to be 'Hard but Fair' to Gen Z, and even gave Millennials a hard time on occasion.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know will have to upgrade my GPU eventually.

Thanks your insightful investigation with Google and...

Life is just full of thrilling revelations, isn't it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no point in changing the GPU unless the rest of the system is a good match for it.  Balanced systems work best, and suppliers do their best to provide components that work well together.  We can only guess what hardware you are using unless you tell us, and that means the whole system.  Right now, my gut is tyelling me you probably need a whole new system, but that is just a guess.

A clean reinstall of your OS might do the job.  Answer our questions and we'll be better placed to advise you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe the latest update has resolved the issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines