• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Random moire pattern that morphs when I transform the image

New Here ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been experiencing this moire pattern on some of my photos, I originally thought it was just my monitor but after exporting this image and airdropping it to my phone I've discovered that it isn't just my monitor. It also isn't the raw photo itself causing it, because the moire pattern morphs when the image is transformed. I'm working on a 2020 13-inch M1 MacBook Pro. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Screen Shot 2022-05-12 at 3.41.51 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-05-12 at 3.41.09 PM.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

This isn't a bug, it is a natural aliasing result of resampling a repeating pattern.

You can use different resampling methods, I'd suggest bilinear.

You can also try a 1-2 pixel blur before transforming a high resolution image.

You may also wish to try converting to 32 bpc mode and then transforming, then converting back to 16/8 bpc mode using 0 exposure and 1 gamma.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, only evaluate at 100% or greater views, as additional moiré may be introduced between the monit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's an example of the same photo after being exported to a JPG

untitled 5.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This isn't a bug, it is a natural aliasing result of resampling a repeating pattern.

You can use different resampling methods, I'd suggest bilinear.

You can also try a 1-2 pixel blur before transforming a high resolution image.

You may also wish to try converting to 32 bpc mode and then transforming, then converting back to 16/8 bpc mode using 0 exposure and 1 gamma.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, only evaluate at 100% or greater views, as additional moiré may be introduced between the monitor pixel grid and the image pixel grid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines