Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Randomly Loading Layers script or Action

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I am new to Photoshop and this forum and apologise if this has been covered elsewhere using more precise Photoshop/Bridge terminology.

I am looking for advice on how to automate a process that loads random layers into a file.

To be detailed and specific.

A) I have a master file with an image of a House. All elements are on separate layers.

Layer Named Front-Door has an image of the frontdoor

Layer Named Lower-Window has an image of the lower window

6 layers in total.

B) I have folders matching each layer, with corresponding images. E.g.

"Front-Door" Folder has 50 images of front-doors

"Lower-Window" Folder has 50 images of Lower-Windows

C) I need to randomly load/replace each of the 6 layers from the images subfolder and then export every variation possible.

Thus I will end up with for example 5,000 unique different images of the house.

Any direction on how to even approach this would be a great help as I have only written basic actions in the past.

Thanks. Pat

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Something like you want to do would most likely need  to use Mockup templates for  different house designs.  There would be a Mockup for each house model, The mockup templates  would have six smart object layer to be populated with your six design elements.  I do not think you will be able to dynamically create Random House mockup templates and populate them with random desgn element from your six design element type sub folders.  My  Mockup Scripts will populate a House mockup templates from six sub folders.  The sub folders file are populated in file name sort order.  If you scramble the file names in the sub folders population of the  designs population  would be randomized.  So my script "PopulateAlbumPageMockups.jsx"  would populate your different house mockup templates album pages  with randomized elements.   If you have  6 house mockup house designs each sub folder would need  to have 6 design files.  If you  have 50 designs you would need 50 mockup templates.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines