• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rasterize changes size of SVG image

Contributor ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to print a personalised A3 graph paper. I have been downloading A4 SVG scalable graph papers, then rasterizing them into Photoshop.

For both the graph papers I have downloaded, Photoshop appears to inflate the size of the graph. For instance in order to fit on A4 paper, the designers make the long axis of the graph scaled area 28 cm. Measurements are taken from the Info window of the long axis by placing the mouse pointer at either end of the scaled area.  Typical values are 31.92 and 31.94 cm.

When printed on A4 paper, the scaled area does not fit on the sheet, printable area 28.8 cm.

What is the process that Adobe uses? Is this a known error, or is there an explanation?

When I try to upload an example SVG file, I get an error message "Sorry, unable to complete the action you requested. "

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @CVHManchester does your printer handle edge-to-edge printing? If not, there is a border of non-printable area on the page when printed. When you use Fit to Page, that is the area it sizes to - not the full page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for getting me to check. Below are the printing settings, which include printing at 100%. This would be fine if it printed the contents of the A4 sheet at the original 100% because it was designed to fit within the non-printing margins of the printer.  But it is printed at 33.86 cm, instead of 28.8 cm, about 10% larger than the orginal, so 10% of the original page is missing from the print.

So the initial question remains. How can I ensure that Photoshop produces a rastered image at the same size as the original design?

CVHManchester_0-1680104465552.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines