Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Raw files in Photoshop won't save as jpg files

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the most updated version of Photoshop, suddenly when I try to save a raw file, the options no longer include jpegs. The only option is Photoshop, tiff, jpeg200 (which is a jpf file and can't be opened in Lightroom or even on my desktop once it's saved there. ) and  few others I don't use. I can't figure out how to get the option to just save thse raw files as jpg files after I've worked on them in Photoshop. Not sure what changed with this upgrade. Any clues? 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't really clear without a step-by-step and maybe some screen captures of what you see (and expect but do not see).

You can't save a raw. Adobe treats raws as read-only. You can render the raw, which then opens in Photoshop when done in ACR. Is this the issue, you can't see an option for JPEG in PS's Save dialog? 

IF the Workflow settings in ACR are set for something unsupported by a JPEG (like 16-bit), then within in PS, the save dialog set to default will not allow you to pick a JPEG. The fix there would be to go into PS's preferences and select "Enable Legacy Save As" in File Handling. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check that the Image Mode is RGB. Let me know if that works

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines