• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Raw Image

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I note when I open a raw image, at the very bottom there is a link that you can select and within workflow you can  change the 8bit default to 16bit. I do not print many of my images so mainly digital. Could you please advise which is the best bit stting to use.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How extreme are the Adjustments you are likely to perform on an image in Photoshop? 

The more pronounced Curves Layers or other Adjustments are the more likely noticable banding becomes in 8bit; one could also force it in 16bit but there it is much less likely. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I am new to Photoshop so my editing at present is fairly basic. It was more of an observation as I like to explore and see what I am working with and did not want to loose any clarity in my editing.

Thank you

Michael Townsend

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can edit in 16 bit and save copies of your images for the web as JPGs – you can only have JPGs in 8bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Derek,

So do I take it that if I edit and convert my images to JPG there is no real advantage of editing in 16bit, and would I asume correctly that editing in 16bit is more geared up those who want to print the images off.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines