• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RAW import (cr2) in Photoshop 22.2 very slow

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The import of cr2 image files into latest Photoshop is unusually slow! Lightroom works normally.

How to fix this error???

best regards,
Cora

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Would you mind telling us which operating system are you working on?

You can try disabling the option to Use Graphics Processor from Photoshop by going to Preferences, then Performance. Once done, quit & relaunch Photoshop to check if that helps. You can also try optimizing the preferences of Photoshop using the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

If the issue persists, you can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nikunj,

thank you for your prompt reply.
I already tried what you mentioned without success.
I’m running the latest PS on latest Win10 with latest Nvidia drivers on a Desktop-PC as well as on a HP-Omen Laptop. On both machines same problem with very slow loading Raw files in Photoshop & Camera Raw.

Specs Desktop-PC:

Win10 Pro - 10.0.19042 Build 19042

Asus X99-S

i7-5820K

48 GB Ram

Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Specs HP-Omen Laptop:

Win10 Pro - 10.0.19042 Build 19042

Omen by HP Laptop 15-dc0xxx

i7-8750H

32 GB Ram

GeForce GTX 1060

I also tried going back to an earlier version of Photoshop – but the same problem.

Might it be a problem with latest win10 update and Photoshop???
Any help appreciated!
Thanks in advance.
Best regards,
Cora

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe Support, anyone there???
As mentioned in my post above Photoshop doesn't work. Loading an Raw image into Photoshop takes approx 3minutes! I am not able to do my work!

I NEED HELP ASAP
Thank you.
Best,
Cora

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry that the issue persists. On any one of the computers, please try disabling the option to Use Graphics Processor from Photoshop by going to Preferences, then Performance. Once done, quit & relaunch Photoshop to check if that helps. If it does, please try the same on the other machine as well.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again for your response.
Disabling the use of the GPU changed nothing.

I was able to solve the problem by disabling all auto start entries of Acronis 2020

Best,
Cora

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines