Re: Custom settings not saving

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the sme issue. Mine liscence is paid for by the Military and I download the software. We just recently got the new software and I can't save any preferences. It's not fron the cloud so I can't check for permissions there.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@vagraphix 

Because your license is from work, you need to check with you IT department to find out why you don't have permissions to save to the Preset folder. They will have to change the permissions for you.

Jane

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I havbe a stand alone version of Photohop because we are not allowed to use the cloud subscription where I work.

Everytime I start PhotoShop all of my preferences are gone and I have to reset them all. Using Windows 10.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i think this is a bug which is notice of Adobe team so wait for next update...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, is there any security program runnning that might prevent writing to the user account, and therefore preventing the writing of preferences? or a DeepFreeze like program that resets the machine to an earlier state?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think so as we have never had this issue on earlier versions.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I would first try to reset the preferences, to start with "clean ones"

I would try to add/edit a file in that same folder, to see if you have the correct permissions: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/preference-file-names-locations-photoshop.html#BackupPhotoshopp...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've read some reports of users who setup preferences with actions. With the script events manager, it might be possible to setup an auto launch of actions at Ps startup. That would be a big workaround before the IMOs or the Helpdesk figures your issue.

this would work only if the actions preferences sticks, but not the main one.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I havbe a stand alone version of Photohop because we are not allowed to use the cloud subscription where I work."

Can you explain what you mean by a standalone version of Photoshop? Photoshop is only sold as part of a CC subscription.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Air Force pays for the liscences for thoses of us on base that are authorized to use it. 

We then have to download it from Gunter AFB - AFCEDS - Air Force Center for Electronic Distribution of Systems. 

This option isn't available for the general public.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to check with your admin that they have not blocked the option to save user preferences and that the app has permission on your system to write to the location where preferences are stored.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@vagraphix wrote:

"I have a stand alone version of Photohop because we are not allowed to use the cloud subscription where I work."

"The Air Force pays for the liscences for thoses of us on base that are authorized to use it. "

This is not quite the same thing as a stand-alone version. Adobe worked with DoD to meet government requirements and has an Enterprise version of Creative Cloud with customized deployment so departments can deploy the applications on an as-needed basis to users.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/buy/government.html

Most government agencies (especially those with secure systems) disable the "cloud" features, such as saving to the Cloud and using the Libraries.

Sometimes IT has not enabled Permissions to save to the Preset folder, which is why you can't save your preferences. You have to explain the issue to them and they have to enable the permissions.

I've worked with a lot of different government agencies and have talked extensively with the Adobe staff member who heads up the government area when I've met her at conferences. Sometimes all you need to do is tell your IT what the issue is. Other times you need to convince them.

Jane

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I can't save any preferences"

@vagraphix do you get an error message, or do they just not register once you reboot?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines