• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Photoshop 2022 keeps crashing

Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open more than two photos my Photoshop 2022 locks up and the only way to close it is via Task Manager  Windows 10

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble due to Photoshop crashing.

Can you please update it to our latest version i.e. 23.0.1?
Is it happening just while importing multiple photos? Can you help me with your system info?

Please ensure you have all available Windows updates installed on the computer.

You can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

You can also try launching Photoshop directly & then disabling the option to Use Graphics Processor from Photoshop by going to Preferences, then Performance.

Once done, quit & relaunch Photoshop to check if that helps.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,
Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ranjisha Sengupta  No ive been having the same problem too it happends randomly , i tried every possible fix but i think the problem is not with the users its the program .. it randomly freezes and wont respond to anything no matter what tool or what i hover over.. here are some examples: 
1" I try to change the size of a layer
2" i try to make a selection 
3" i try to make a shape 
4" i try to type a text 
56789""""""" 
it stops working and i have to close it via taskmanager and it sucks because i cant do my job and i lose alot of progress cause sometimes it dosnt get saved... 

Ive seen this issue been talked about for over 4 months now and there is no real answer to this PLEASE if inform us if you are working on it or not so we wont lose our minds

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry about the trouble experienced.
Which versions of Photoshop and operating system are you using? What all troubleshooting have you tried so far?

Would you mind sharing your system info with us?

Thanks

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have recently purchased myself a Microsoft Surface Pro 8 the specs are Intel Evo Core i7 11th Generation with 16GB of RAM the graphics are intergrated as its a tablet which are Intel Iris Xe graphics, the reason as to replying to this is due to having the same issue, Im trying to draw on photoshop as this tablet is made for that but it freezes and when trying to zoom in with my fingers and rotate the page to get a better line it jitters and it take me 4 to 5 attempts for it ti register my fingers, I cannot tell if its that my devices isnt capable of running Photoshop 2022 or if Photoshop is just being funny with my device, my device runs really smooth really as i did spend £1300.00 on it so i would expect it to work. please help!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even more i have just done a test by looking at Task Manager and it uses 750.00 to 800.00 MB of Ram which in total with background applications with Photoshop 2022 included using only 40% of the system RAM which leave 60% of the ram dormant????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problems with Photoshop, keeps freezing when attempting to load more than 1 photo / task. I am running windows 11 now, but I had the exact same problem a week ago whilst running windows 10.

It's obviously an issue with the programme. I'm extremely unhappy with this as it's not as if it's free? I pay a lot to use something that is now broken! 

Please sort it.

Jackie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear that you are seeing the same issue. Do you see any error message? Can you please send us your system specification and the crash log?

Regards,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ranjisha,

Quite seriously, when is this going to be fixed? Since your reply I have had numerous updates, including a further update today, each time I am hopeful that Adobe have actually listened to their customers & sorted out this error.

No error msg, just freezing when attempting to upload more than 1 image, often won't edit & that's if I am having an extremely good day with it as most times it freezes before completely loading. 

I am running windows 11, please see the other comments on this page, it is NOT our systems, it is an error with the updates!!

Ref to error logs, as this is a new PC & op system, I haven't yet worked out how to obtain the error logs .. the "How To" on the adobe help doesn't offer up the correct way to obtain them & quite frankly, I am not happy going into my system files messing around when I do not know what I am doing.

Seriously though, please take note of the other comments, it is not an isolated problem, it's a big problem for a lot of people who pay for a service they are not receiving. If this isn't sorted very soon, especially in the light of the current economic climate, I will definitely be cancelling a product I have used for many years (15+) & finding something that gives me what I pay for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely agree. At some point, Adobe needs to actually research the problem on their end in order to offer a solution, or those of us who have been using these programs for years upon years will stop paying for the service. This is what happens when you go from a physical software that each user installs with a disk vs. a cloud based download. Probably 99% of the time the issues were user error, system error, etc. but the tables have turned when update after update keeps crashing each users program that has been installed on a plethora of operating systems. Back in the day, Adobe was really our only option but the world is different now and I started free trials on 4-5 different graphics programs that are cheaper and work flawlessly unlike Photoshop. I've had nothing but issues with Photoshop and haven't been able to finish not even one project due to the constant freezing and crashing every single time I tried to work. This is unacceptable and it needs to be escalated. At this point, we are paying for nothing. I'm just throwing money at you but not actually getting any return on my investment due to your software error. Fix it and stop blaming it on user error when clearly that cannot be the case. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please tell me which softwares you are trying?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issues all new computer. Windows 11. This is the only program I have put on the computer. DELL System. I would like to have a refund  at this point. Especially after reading the comments. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...me too...computer is only 3 months old running Windows 11 not having any other issues with any other programs.  Other than this issue with Photoshop my computer runs smooth. 

The program freezes and the only way to get out of it is through Task Manager and forcing an END TASK...sometimes it happens before I even import a photo! Just opening the app and it freezes.  Other times it is after I have put a half hour into editing a photo and half my work is lost!! This program is not cheap and I am on a budget...can't afford to pay for nothing which is what I feel like I did here!  I have read through all the posts on here and it seems like Adobe keeps trying to find the problem on our end but if different systems are all having the same issue wouldn't that scream check your end????  

BTW my computer, like I said is only 3 months old...it is up to date on everything.  I run Windows update weekly and I also us the installed support assistant to make sure all my drivers are up to date and functioning properly.  My only issue is this program...which is also up to date according to the most recent Photoshop iteration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too to all the above, after so called updates!! They obviously dont have a clue to fix it either..expensive but cant use it most the time? Time for new editing software. Anybody reading this, know of a good comparable software???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to get worse with each updates. I updated to the latest update. Update windows 10. Constant crashing my whole pc when I try to resize my photo. 1-2-3 photos it doesn't matter. When batching multiples, it's crash and reboot. Why? Can't get my work done.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been experiencing the same thing all week. It is super weird because I've never ever had it crash over 30 times per day in my 4 years of using this software. One day it was completely normal and the next it's a trainwreck. It is updated, my computer is updated and nothing has changed with my computer so it's something with the software. Changed the graphics processor as suggested, cleared my cache, changed my scratch disk, all tabs closed and it only gets worse. I am working with completely normal sized files, nothing big that should give it a hard time. This last update made it worse. I can barely get any work done and the only way to save is to cloud documents after hiding all the layers (tip I found on here). Please, this issue is actually insane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also it doesn't even give me the option of submitting a crash report or anything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems I might possibly have fixed my issue, I went into preferences & changed the ram usage from 70% to 77% & turned off the GPU. I did this on both my desktop PC's which are both running windows 11. (I'm not even sure if this is really needed or not for PS to run smoothly (joke)! but I turned it off as per instruction) 

As a test, I opened numerous pictues & did a lot of editing on them & nothing has frozen/failed to load correctly so far.

I'm still pretty peeved at having to do this though, it's not something I know enough about to be comfortable doing, I assume as with every programme I download & receive updates for that any issues like this would be fixed. It is definitely a PS issue & not our systems. 

Anyway, all is working well for the moment... here's the link if anyone else wants to give it a go:

Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's Adobe's fault...but it's the user's problem.

Adobe owes us a few free months for ALL THE EFFORT AND TIME WASTED TRYING TO 'FIX' OUR MACHINES WHILE IT'S ADOBE'S FAULT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes. me too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

is this issue fixed at all? I've been trying to animate frame by frame with the Timeline feature and seriously, after every two frames, the program freezes. Because I have a tight deadline, I am just chugging through it by force quitting after every two frames and it has quite frankly been a nightmare. I highly doubt it's my hardware issue because this PC is three months old and custom built specifically to be able to handle heavy duty animation work. Of course, I tried uninstalling and re-installing, but to no avail.

Incidentally, I tried doing the same task on the computer in my school lab, which currently has the 2021 version installed (the school admin has not updated it to 2022 yet) and I had no issues at all with that version. I have to test out installing the 2021 version to see if it's the version issue - regardless, seeing that it has nearly been six months since this crashing issue was first brought up and it still hasn't been resolved yet (as users have articulated in this thread as recently as last week) it's incredibly frustrating that this so-called "industry standard" - not so cheap, might I add - software is not functioning to the bare minimum of staying open. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I'm in the same boat, in the midst of final projects and my thesis and the freezing and lag is horrendous. I uninstalled and reinstalled too, moved it to my external hard drive, changed the graphics systems and nothing changed. I can't tell what makes it better or worse and again, can't submit crash reports because it just freezes. Indesign and Illustrator work fine! So obviously just a Photoshop issue!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same issue since 2020. It has not been fixed to date. Better get a cracked version at this point. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My brand new M1 MBP has the same problem - PS locks up and CPU goes to 100%+. It's really infuriating - if I disable the GPU I get jerky scrolling and no rotation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry about your troubles, but you should really add minimal information about your hard- and software, Photoshop version etc. The system info (at least the first part) would be a nice start.

You could try installing the prior version to see if the Problem is version dependant.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines