• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Photoshop: Ability to cycle through Blend Modes in Layer Styles with arrow keys

Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here we are an entire decade after this question was first asked and there has been ZERO action from adobe.  having just moved to mac from pc because a laptop pushing $2k when new was unable to work in adobe or affinity programs after only two years.  fed up with the entire windows experience, i came to mac.  love it.  except this.  [removed by moderator] .  it chooses opacity in layer style and you have to click click click to check out blend modes when stupid pcs can choose and scroll through the modes.

i'm surprised mac folk haven't made a big deal about this.  it's a pain  [removed by moderator] and an imennse time waster.

regarding affinity, been using it more and more.  far less hassles and once you pay for affinity software, that's it.  if i don't renew adobe next week, which i doubt i will, i'll be saving about $33 a month, which is huge after an entire year of paying [ removed by moderator]money just to suffer through adobe's flippant carelessness.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has addressed this, partially anyway, by allowing users to hover over blending modes in the layers panel

and Layer Style Blending Options dialog and see the changes without actually clicking on the blend mode list.

It would nice if in the future all drop down menus in photoshop would work like that.

Live blend mode preview

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new/2019.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i wrote "in layer style," i should have been more specific by denoting "blending options" as well.   different names (inexplicably).  same place. 

right click on a layer, dropdown appears, choose blending options at the top, go to.... let's say "color overlay."  once the color is chosen one CANNOT scroll over like one can in the layers tab.  that's because "opacity" is chosen by default and there's nothing one can do to choose the blend mode.

click click click click click click click click ad nauseam.

today adobe wrote about my payment not going through for the new month.  indeed.  i drained that account to insure i'd never have to pay for [removed by moderator] software again.  i remember when you paid your big fee, got a disc or made a download, and it simply WORKED.  everything.  perfectly. 

today it's a constant hassle trying to work around [removed by moderator] adobe's QA.  this was the last straw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dharmapocalypse wrote:
"today adobe wrote about my payment not going through for the new month.  indeed.  i drained that account to insure i'd never have to pay for [removed by moderator] software again."

Draining your account does not release you from your contract. You need to actually cancel your plan or you will continue to be billed.

As volunteers, we cannot assist with billing. If you have questions or are having trouble cancelling, contact Adobe Customer Care directly: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen  

If your browser blocks auto-open for the Chat window, try these tips:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11875703  

You can also send tweet to @AdobeCare.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jane.  it's renewed MONTHLY.  i can leave at the end of any month.  anybody can.  and dealing with [abuse removed by moderator] you makes it an even better idea to free myself from adobe [removed by moderator].

i won't be replying to any more foolishness.  good luck, [abuse removed by moderator].

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dharmapocalypse wrote:

jane.  it's renewed MONTHLY.  i can leave at the end of any month.  anybody can. 

It depends on the plan you sign up for, Trent. You said Adobe is still billing you. As a volunteer who does not work for Adobe, I cannot see your details, so this is generic information.

If you signed up for the single app plan and chose Monthly (not Annual), then you can cancel any time.

97A16B1C-3415-4AA3-8CD9-8EAE1083DED1.jpeg

Most people choose the Photography plan, which is Annual and can be paid monthly or in a lump sum. It is at a reduced rate from the single app plan. It is not a monthly plan.

C0986C3C-FCB1-4B55-BBC0-462A5403F29D.jpeg

If you subscribed to the Creative Cloud all apps plan, that is also annual.

You and Adobe are the only ones who know which plan you have, but since they are still billing you, it is a good idea to contact customer care. Not paying does not release you from the contract that you signed.

Jane

Forum volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@dharmapocalypse,

Be respectful to forum members who are trying to help you. We are not robots. We are unpaid forum volunteers and fellow product users like you.

Please read the Adobe Support Community Guidelines. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/adobe-support-community-guidelines/td...

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines