• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reactivation of photoshop cs3 in windows 10

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to re activate photoshop cs3 for 3 days following a windows 10 update. what ever i do the reactivate prompt reappears . I have unistalled the existing files, downloaded the special installer and run it ten times but there is no change. I can not find a telephone number to get help from Adobe which is shocking: all the website elements just circle round endlessly to other parts of the website.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

mmmm very strange as

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD\cache is an essential folder.

Is your operating system on the C:\ volume, if it is not -and it does not have to be- then the path to look on is

x:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD\cache

where x is the volume Windows 10 is on.  What I would suggest is searching the entire computer for cache.db and seeing if you can find it that way. Cache.db contains the previous version serial number and while it remains on th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same issue has been reported in the French forum: Bonjour, J'ai exactement le même problème: Suite à la mise à jour Windows 10 illustrator CS3 déjà ...

It looks like a Windows 10 issue…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the new serial number that comes with the new installer? If so try this go to

'C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD\cache'

see if there is a file there called cache.db and if so delete it. Now start Photoshop CS3 and with any luck you'll be prompted to enter the new serial number. Opt to never register, close Photoshop, restart the computer and fire up Photoshop CS3 there's a good chance it will now work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The installer does not ask for the serial number

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you delete cache.db? You will only be asked for the serial after the new version of CS3 is installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not find it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

removing the cache file enables to enter the new serial number. However as the CS3 license servers are no more available, it is impossible to record.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True the activation server is shut down, but Adobe has produced a version that does not require activation. What you must do is download the new installer and you will be given a new serial number. There is no 'Activation' requirement with the new installer.

Download Adobe Creative Suite 3 products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I did and this installer did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mmmm very strange as

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD\cache is an essential folder.

Is your operating system on the C:\ volume, if it is not -and it does not have to be- then the path to look on is

x:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD\cache

where x is the volume Windows 10 is on.  What I would suggest is searching the entire computer for cache.db and seeing if you can find it that way. Cache.db contains the previous version serial number and while it remains on the computer you will not be asked for the new serial. I'm afraid phoning Adobe will do you no good as support on CS3 products has now ended-all they will do is refer you here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found the file using the windows search and deleted the file as you suggested and the installation has worked! Thank you. I have opened cs3 which prompted for registration but this was not possible so I opted for “Never register”. CS3 is now working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's good. This is a very common problem, when Adobe produced the new installer they should have in my opinion had the installer delete cache.db but seem to have forgotten to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.
after deleting the cache, the installation works and ask for tne new serail number.
When i key in, the # is identified (green V) as correct but at the end i have the information " no connexion"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, after entering the serial opt to 'never register'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot it works

Luis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

glad it worked Luis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help, Terri!

I just moved the newly-installed files to a new folder, pulled the original files from the old hard drive and pasted them in. PS opened without so much as a grumble!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Terri:  I did delete the cache.db file but did not get Photoshop CS3 to work.  However, instead of opening and just hanging, this time with the cache.db deleted it did ask me to accept the user agreement.  I did so and then it did the same, just hanging.

Any more advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you just physically replace the old files from the old computer to the new computer without reinstalling?
If so, there must be a patch in the old files that says the program is activated. Can  you share that or do we just

MOVE the old files anyway?  I had to get a new computer and my old one still runs CD3 PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @greta5DE3 

This post is from four years ago and things have changed. The activation servers for CS3 were shut down some time ago. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite.html

You can continue running CS3 on your old computer until you get a HD crash (or similar), but you cannot activate it.

If you need Photoshop on your new computer, it is available by subscription. The least expensive plan for Photoshop is an annual Photography plan, payable monthly or in a lump sum.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe gave old CS3 users an opportunity to download a  CS3 installer that requires a new Serial they could obtain from Adobe  to install a CS3 Photoshop Version that doed not require Activation. So old customers could still Install and use CS3 if they wanted to. So Window users that choose to install the newest version of Windows can still  install and use CS3 with the installer and their new serial number.  Windows 10 support old applications for the most part older software that does not runs properly on Windows 10 Microsoft  has implemented in windows 10 compatibility modes of operation for older windows applications. Even has a compatibility trouble shooter.

image.png

Apple does not treat their customers as well as Microsoft  does.  CS3 is a 32 Bit Application New Apple Systems do not Support 32 Bit Applications. 

It is also a good Idea to have some older version of Photoshop installed.   There are compatibility issues between versions of Photoshop..  Adobe Changes, Removes, and Add Photoshop features all the time.  For example CS3 has Picture Package and Web Photo Galleries. Function get moved to  Bridge and Lightroom and are also discontinued.  Adobe Impacts all users work flow with some changes..    You should keep versions of Photoshop that work well for your work  installed for some new Adobe update could easily impact you work flow.  Currently I find Photoshop 2020 is better then Photoshop 2021.   Who knows what Adobe will doe to Photoshop 2021 next....

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had to purchase TWO version of Photoshop that I need for my teaching job

And BOTH do not work with my new Windows 10 computer.

ADOBE should be ASHAMED for GRABBING MONEY from users by blocking their programs.

I WAS NEVER SENT A NOTICE to obtain a new serial number!!!!

WHAT A SCAM.

Sent from Mail for Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree 100 percent.  They should definitely be ahsamed.  Icannot re activate my cs3 extended  and am forced to pay 300 a year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you took advantage of the  Adobe download made for the old customers a CS3 installer that installs a  CS3 version that does not require Activation you could install CS3 on your windows 10 system today.  I download that installer  and  recently  installed CS3 on my Windows 10 system.  It works but  its a 32 Bit application that can not use all of my machines resources and it does not perform all that well.   I do not use CS3 except for creating  Web Photo Galleries Adobe remove that feature in newer version of Photoshop. You will be better off buying Photoshop Element then using CS3 on Windows 10.  CS3 has not been supported in years its like 14 years old.  

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines