• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reattach the toolbar to the work space

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - Somehow I detached the tool bar from the work space and can't figure out how to rejoin them.  I tried the suggestion posted and it did not work for me.  I have a Mac Book Pro.  Thank you.

janee_0-1666045486055.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Hi

I think the Application frame is not the issue and your toolbar is okay. You have floated (detached) the "window" for your document. There are two ways to do this:

• Window > Arrange > Float Window
  • Drag the title bar down, accidentally or on purpose

There are two ways to put it back:

• Window > Arrange > Consolidate
  • Drag the title up into place and watch for the drop zone (blue lines) before releasing the mouse

Turn on the Application frame if it's off, though.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop btw.  I've included screen shot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I think the Application frame is not the issue and your toolbar is okay. You have floated (detached) the "window" for your document. There are two ways to do this:

• Window > Arrange > Float Window
  • Drag the title bar down, accidentally or on purpose

There are two ways to put it back:

• Window > Arrange > Consolidate
  • Drag the title up into place and watch for the drop zone (blue lines) before releasing the mouse

Turn on the Application frame if it's off, though.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that worked.  Thank you everyone! :cherry_blossom:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, Claudia. We're happy to help.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am afraid I do not understand – where do you want the Toolbar to reside if not top left? 

Do you mean Window > Application Frame? 

Or Full Screen Mode (F)? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely try what c.pfaff suggested. (Though I'm pretty sure that Application Frame was enabled by default so I don't know how it got disabled. I don't know how you guys deal with that mess; it would drive me nuts. I mean, dear Lord, I can see other elements peeking through that don't belong to Photoshop. So distracting.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The windows (such as tools, history, layers, etc)  were floating all over the place.  Not sure how I made it happen, but here's how I fixed it:

WINDOW >  WORKSPACE > PHOTOGRAPHY

Everything snapped back into place where it belongs!

Screen Shot 2022-10-17 at 4.51.07 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not how it works on my Windows system.  If I rearrange some panels and reselect the same workspace, it remembers the last position of that workspace.  So if you mess up Essentials, go into Photography and then select Essentials again, it goes back to those messed up panels.  I have to Reset a workspace to tidy it up.  Note that you can only reset the currently selected Workspace.

image.png

Regular posters of this forum are forever dragging panels to make it more convenient to show screen shots for forum answers, so I have Actions that set and reset my three mosted used workspaces, and these actions are all triggered with Function keys.  This is super convenient and happens close to instant.  This is also a way to select different keyboard shortcuts as we can save custom toolbars and shortcuts with custom panels.  Motion is a good example as things don't work the same in the Motion worspace, so if working on an animation and needing to edit frame contents, it is easy to hit a Funtion key to go to my default workspace, do the edits, and go back to Motion with another Function key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Trevor.Dennis wrote:

That's not how it works on my Windows system. 

That's not how it works on macOS either, Trevor.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines