• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recommended workflow for using the Topaz DeNoise AI filter in PS to raw camera images.

Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the preferred method for allowing Topaz DeNoise to utilize the raw data to carry out the process.

I have been using LrC to apply a profile to the image and send to PS via the “ edit in PS function.

macOS Big Sur. more info I my signature below.

Is it possible to use a smart object to assist in this process?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop's RAW isn't intended to be used with PS plugins, I'm afraid. If you do place the image directly from RAW, when it enters the timeline, it's no longer fully RAW. It's processed. And when you go to open it up and edit it, you're back in the Camera RAW interface, from which you won't be able to access your filters. I've tried this in the past, and I have never managed to get it to work as you wish. Lightroom seems to be the only way to get the plugin to work on the RAW data.

Perhaps enter the feature request in the Ideas tab of this forum? I'd definitely upvote it, if I saw it!

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there plugin for Lightroom Classic? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines