• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording an action to select a PREDETERMINED color?

Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating an Action to select a predetermined color in multiple images. Whats the best way to do this?

I've used Select→ Color Range TONS of times, but i strangely don't know how to select a color WITHOUT sampling it live at that moment.

Years ago the Color Range select defaulted to whatever your active foreground color was -- and that would be great -- but now I don't see any option in Color Range for something like "foreground color" nor 'Hex code'. I also cannot sample the little foreground color thumbnail.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With a suitable sample image open, start recording the action, call up Color Range and then use the sampled colours option and select the target colour by clicking on it in the image, setting the fuzziness and or other options as required. Stop recording.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good workaround thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

just figured out that if i save the color(s) into Swatches, i CAN click on that while inside Color Range!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines