Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording print action - difference between icc settings used and recorded

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, Hoping someone can help.

I'm creating a photoshop action to bulk print a set of pictures.

But the action seems to be recording incorrect / different print settings to what I am choosing when recording it.

In the screenshot below you can see the settings I am choosing in the Print dialogue when recording the action

Profile: D800 Spectrajet Glossy 2021-09-29

Intent Perceptual

Black point compensation off

But in the recorded action, it seems to add in another of my profiles "D800 Permajet Satin 240" in the settings (highlighted below)

Any ideas?

Thanks!

photoshop print dialogue.jpgprint action recorded.jpg

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I remember you can't accuretely record print settings. Wrting a script would be possible when earliery saving the settings with Script Listener plugin. But even then it's hard to customize results if for examle you'd like to fit the code to different paper sizes. Unfortunately written settings are recalculated with some formula.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Action writes a descriptor returned by print event with all print options (including those you are not currently using). In this case, the hard proofing settings were included in the recording of the action. You can verify this if you switch the profiling mode from normal printing to hard proofing, most likely the "D800 Permajet Satin 240" will be set there. So if you are not using hard proofing, then just ignore second profile name recorded in action - this is not a bug, but a feature of the Photoshop events subsystem.

When you use hard profing, action will contain "with Proof Setup" variable: 

2021-11-11_23-24-27.png

If you do not see this line, than you use normal printing, and all is ok.

P.S. why don't you use black point compensation? It should be turned on in order not to lose detail in the shadows, since the sRGB black point in the file is clearly darker than the black point of the printer's color profile:

2021-11-11_23-44-35.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow, that graphic explains everything so clearly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines