• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording Wand Select without Coordinates

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to record a set of actions: Magic Tool > Expand Selection > Delete > etc.

The problem is, when I record the selection tool, it's recording the coordinates at which I clicked (ex. "To: 12.4 inches, 6.283 inches"). This, of course, repeats when I use the action, rendering it useless as a selection tool.

Is there a way to edit that during or after recording? I've scoured the menus, this forum, and the internet at large to no avail. Surely, ive missed something. Ideas?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

@MRKGST 

If the magic wand selection needs to be interactive and visual, then you can insert a stop in the action. Perform the interactive task of the magic wand, then resume playback of the action.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yers actions record your actions, so if you want to select something, you can use the magic wand, or you can use Command+A (Ctrl+A on PC) to select ALL pixels, or you can Command+Click. on the layer Thumbnail which will select the contents of that layer? Not sure what you are trying to do exactly, but these are just some other options to perhaps help you create your action with selections? Or you can Select>Modify>Expand.. to expand your selection by a pixel amount?

Hope this helps!
mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MRKGST as mark@headTrix explained, this is by design, the magic wand tool is a coordinate-based selection tool. This may or may not be useful, depending on the image and task.

The recorded coordinate will depend on the ruler unit setting, generally absolute pixels or relative % are the most useful when recording an action.

A script version of the magic wand tool can be recorded into the action, where the script asks you to enter the X and Y coordinates in an interactive fashion.

Can you post a screenshot or image or describe the workflow in more detail? There are different ways to create a selection (transparency, channel content, colour range etc).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@MRKGST 

If the magic wand selection needs to be interactive and visual, then you can insert a stop in the action. Perform the interactive task of the magic wand, then resume playback of the action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines