Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recreating a pattern image

Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm working at reconstructing a user panel graphic for my tire machine since the machine is from the 80's and they no longer sell the display piece. I'm trying to find a way to quickly recreate the patterns that align to a dial for setting the balance inputs and want to know if there is a quick and easy way to recreate this sort of pattern (rather than clean up the original). If not, how can I quickly clean up the originals - there are three dials. The one pictured has the most number of hashmarks.

Garage5C6B_0-1630676549781.png

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Such things are possible in Photoshop but I think they are more easily achieved in Illustrator. 

Screenshot 2021-09-03 at 15.54.39.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Such things are possible in Photoshop but I think they are more easily achieved in Illustrator. 

Screenshot 2021-09-03 at 15.54.39.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! That is perfect!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thing you can do in Illustrator is align a series of text boxes along a circular path aboutt the center with a Blend, and flow the digits from text box to text box, in sequence.

Like so:

Semaphoric_0-1630761590484.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

followup... I can't seem to get that bounding box to show up and whenever I go to make a pattern I get a solid white background and I can't see my reference image such as what you have. What do I have to do to keep that in the back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines