• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rectangle Marquee Tool Measurements Incorrect

New Here ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is something that just started recently.  It was working fine before.

While creating web pages, sometimes I will take a screen shot and paste it into a Photoshop document so I can measure things with the rectangle marquee tool.  Now, when I do that - the measurements are displaying larger than they are.  Here's an example:

wrong-size.jpg

The CSS of that page sets that box as 56px by 56 px.  When I use the Chrome Developer Tools to inspect the document, it displays that it's a 56px square.  I print screen - paste into a new document in photoshop and use the rectangle marquee tool and it shows that box being 70px.  

I haven't changed any settings.  I'm using the latest version of Photoshop.  It just started doing this.  Any ideas why?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems the screenshot is adding a few pixels as antialiased pixels. Have you recently updated your OS? I'm not sure where in Windows this option can be turned off for screenshots, but from a brief search, it appears it may be linked to the Font Smoothing setting. 

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines