Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rectangular marquee tool changing into elliptical

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am trying to use the Rectangular Marquee tool, however, when I release the mouse to finish my selection the rectangle turns into an elliptical. I have triple-checked that I have selected the rectangular marquee tool and not the elliptical. Additionally, when I try to copy the selected area it pastes transparent even though opacity is at 100% 

Does anyone know how to fix this?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A screenshot that includes your tools, canvas, and layers would help us see what's happening. If you could do a screen capture, that would be even better.

In the meantime, you could also try updating to the latest version and resetting your Preferences:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the Tool’s Feather-setting in the Options Bar? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Molly28674447fl2c check your options at the top and make sure you dont have a Feather value set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines