• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RED Adobe Photoshop Installer for MAC - Problem

New Here ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to install the RED Photoshop Installer for Photoshop so I can work with R3D Red Raw Stills taken from the camera.

I have Photoshop Installed on my MacBook Pro as part of the Creative Cloud v21.1.2.

I keep getting this dialogue box:

Photoshop must be installed in order to install Photoshop plugins.

For some reason it is not recognizing my Photoshop app. Any ideas?

Thank you,

Robb

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the RED Photoshop Installer for Photoshop on a mac that has both photoshop 2020 and photoshop cs6 among other photoshop versions and the installer installed the plugin in cs6 but not in 2020.

So i can only conclude that the installer itself is not seeing later photoshop versions and needs to be updated.

It would be best to contact Red and see what they say.

https://support.red.com/hc/en-us

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem - did you come up with a solution?
2019 Mac pro, latest catalina update, latest photoshop update as of 5-22-20, redcine-x build 52.
I am guessing the plugin isn't built to work with CC 2020 but I do need to come up with a solution, opened a support ticket at RED and will report back if I find anything out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Catalina will only accept 64 bits programs, make sure the RED plugin is not a 32 bits one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Robb, RED support suggested using Photoshop 2019 and that did solve the issue for me as a temporary fix. The version I installed is the oldest available 'other versions' in the cloud installer - 20.0.9 release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to install the "RED Adobe Photoshop Installer" to be able to work with R3D files. Unfortunately, every time I open the downloaded RED Adobe Photoshop Installer, it says that I need to install Photoshop even though I have it installed already. 

I contacted RED and they told me I had to contact Adobe for this problem. 

I have version 23.5 of Photoshop.

Please help me.
Cheers,
Loïc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The issue seems to be the same as above in that the installer itself is not seeing later photoshop versions and needs to be updated.

What operating system are you using?

Even though Red says Added: Support for Photoshop 2021, on the mac side it seems to install and find photoshop 2021 on an Intel processor mac, but will not find photoshop 2021 on an M1 processor mac.

If your on windows or an Intel mac system, perhaps installing photoshop 2021 from the creative cloud desktop application will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines